Sign in to follow this  
Harald Huber

777 VLS too Low for the weight

16 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

It's not necessarily a bug. I'm guessing that since this has never been picked up by testing and only a handful of people have posted here about it, it's a system specific thing and caused by external factors.

It certainly is a bug in this case. Multiple users have confirmed it in this thread and I have cross-checked with 3 others myself. Happens regardless of weight, external weather or not, etc.

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I've been watching this but VLS isn't a term I'm familiar with so I've been quiet.  However, I just finished a 777 session and happened to note where the minimum maneuvering speed indicator was on landing.  I was at 463.7 klbs Vref was 143 and Vmin was 108 KIAS.  Is VLS related to minimum maneuvering speed?  The Boeing definition is FCOM 10.10.5 index item 4.

Minimum Maneuvering it is. Top of the amber line speed line.

~108 KIAS is what I am seeing too. Regardless of weight.

Someone reported this is also present on the v4 -400 currently. Haven't had time to very that. 

I may submit a ticket as there is a separate issue with the minimum maneuvering speed line on the B777. It always appears right after takeoff. On the real aircraft it only appears following the first flap retraction.   

1 hour ago, calzonister said:

On the real aircraft it only appears following the first flap retraction.   

That is exactly what the FCOM reference I cited says.  Please do submit a ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, calzonister said:

It certainly is a bug in this case. Multiple users have confirmed it in this thread and I have cross-checked with 3 others myself. Happens regardless of weight, external weather or not, etc

Again not necessarily. There's still a handful of people seeing this issue at best. It's not widespread, still looks system specific to me otherwise EVERYONE would be seeing it. Can you say for certain that this is a problem with PMDG's code or something they can rectify, and that it's not caused by any other influence into your sim from your system? No.

6 hours ago, downscc said:

I've been watching this but VLS isn't a term I'm familiar with so I've been quiet.  However, I just finished a 777 session and happened to note where the minimum maneuvering speed indicator was on landing.  I was at 463.7 klbs Vref was 143 and Vmin was 108 KIAS.  Is VLS related to minimum maneuvering speed?  The Boeing definition is FCOM 10.10.5 index item 4.

There are no such term as Vls on a Boeing airplane. 

Vls in Boeing term is Vmms which is the Minimum maneuvering speed.

Because Mr. Huber is currently an airbus pilot that is why he used the term Vls. And my first reply to this post had already explained that they mean roughly the same thing, albeit on the airbus Vls is only ~1.23 x stall speed.  

By definition in the FCTM Vmms of the 777 should provide at least 1.3g protection from the stall speed. 

Therefore Vmms and Vref should always be changin due to weight. 

Vmms will be shown after TO until touch down. Although the buffet margin will be different between flap down and flaps up. 

Whether it is a bug is another matter, it certainly would not be a constant value of 108kts on the real airplane.  

3 minutes ago, Driverab330 said:

Whether it is a bug is another matter, it certainly would not be a constant value of 108kts on the real airplane.  

I definitely agree that something is not right, however I'm just not one for pointing the finger at PMDG and saying fix it without sufficiently investigating whether or not this is actually PMDG's problem. I'd rather rule out everything else before jumping to conclusions.

Yes you are right. Completely agree with you. That is why I was unwilling to jumping into a conclusion.

its not a deal breaker anyway because I didn't even pay any attention to it :laugh:

put it this way, i have only ever flown the 772 in P3D v4 once, becuse I am just waiting for the 773ER p3dv4 version to come out before I can switch over from fsx.

The reason being I can not fly the 772LR too much because the flare height and attitude is different from the 773ER which would affect my real world flying. 

• Upvote 1

Harald, your screenshots is with flaps up, while the OP had flaps all the way down. These are two very different configurations.

2 hours ago, icemarkom said:

Harald, your screenshots is with flaps up, while the OP had flaps all the way down. These are two very different configurations.

might  be  confused here  isnt  harald  and  the op  the  one  and  the  same?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ah, indeed. Doesn't change the point of my comment though. Then again, I am not sure whether I interpreted the second screenshot correctly, but it appears to me flaps are up on that one.

1 hour ago, icemarkom said:

Ah, indeed. Doesn't change the point of my comment though. Then again, I am not sure whether I interpreted the second screenshot correctly, but it appears to me flaps are up on that one.

if  you referring  to his  picture on post  5  its  a completely  different  time  and  set  up and  he  was  only  posting  that pic  for  Dan  to show  he  had  kgs   and  not  pounds  selected

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg