Sign in to follow this  
wolfy2671

Area xxx File Not Found when updating the database but still loads FSX fine

Hi everyone,

1st off I must say that the mesh is such a great addon for my FSX sim and greatly enjoy the view change. I installed it on my desktop and had no issues, however, I tried to install on my gaming notebook and I kept getting an error. I followed the guide as I did on my desktop so I'm not sure what may have gone wrong. When I hit ok to add the scenery to the database it gives an error on about 8 files (Area 161 File Not Found) and it does it for different area files. I removed it all and did it again and came up with the same 8 errors. Anyone ran into this when installing to FSX?

Thanks,

Wolfy

Sounds like something went bonkers in your scenery.cfg.

I would use Scenery Config Editor to help resolve the issue. It will highlight for you any errors in the scenery.cfg. You can report back here if you find which sceneries are giving you issues. If they are FreeMeshX folders, then make sure they are pointed to the actual FreeMeshX folders and not the "scenery" folders within them.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, AviatorMoser said:

Sounds like something went bonkers in your scenery.cfg.

I would use Scenery Config Editor to help resolve the issue. It will highlight for you any errors in the scenery.cfg. You can report back here if you find which sceneries are giving you issues. If they are FreeMeshX folders, then make sure they are pointed to the actual FreeMeshX folders and not the "scenery" folders within them.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner I was in travels for work but yes you're correct my Scenery.cfg went bonkers. I used the Scenery Config Editor and it works like a charm now. Thank you for the reply I appreciate the support.

Wolfy