Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Guess I'm First To Ask, Anybody know how to Integrate the GTN 750?

I'm guessing our resident guru's like @Bert Pieke and @autogyro have not purchased the Premier yet.  I was just wondering has anyone tried to integrate the GTN750 in her yet?  I would love to see an integration that keeps the engine gauges where they are (Maybe a button could allow the GTN radio section and the Engine gauges to toggle between the two (shrug)).  I think many of us are definitely starting to or have already seen this Proline especially, was not coded very well.  To all our guys like Bert, Autogyro @raymar or anyone else with the know how to fix this mess,  HHHHHHeeeeeeeeeeeLP!................please :)

SN maybe someone could right a general tutorial for how you get these GTNs to fit in the Carenado Birds...............I never could get the whole coordinate thing in the panel.cfgs  It seems like they are different with each aircraft in these sims LOL.........

Jevon 

I'm using the GTN750 as a simple popup (via Flight1 installer) and it works just like it does on the Hawker and CJ2 - just not mounted in the panel. I'm sure the panel mounted mod will eventually happen and most likely we can use about 98% of the coding done for the previous two.  Mostly just make sure the folder names are correct.

I doubt the engine readouts and Flight plan area can share the screen area with the GTN.  We were not able to do that with the CJ2 but used the FMS screen for checklists and ready info pages.

It might be possible to share the Annunciator screen with the engine info readouts like the CJ2 and cycle back and forth.

The Premier's FGP is much improved over the CJ2 shotgun approach to gauge placement.  I'm looking forward to seeing that option available also.  I always hated having my head down to find the AP and HDG knob in the Citations.

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

On 6/19/2017 at 2:15 PM, raymar said:

I'm using the GTN750 as a simple popup (via Flight1 installer) and it works just like it does on the Hawker and CJ2 - just not mounted in the panel. I'm sure the panel mounted mod will eventually happen and most likely we can use about 98% of the coding done for the previous two.  Mostly just make sure the folder names are correct.

I doubt the engine readouts and Flight plan area can share the screen area with the GTN.  We were not able to do that with the CJ2 but used the FMS screen for checklists and ready info pages.

It might be possible to share the Annunciator screen with the engine info readouts like the CJ2 and cycle back and forth.

The Premier's FGP is much improved over the CJ2 shotgun approach to gauge placement.  I'm looking forward to seeing that option available also.  I always hated having my head down to find the AP and HDG knob in the Citations.

Regards,

Ray

My FMS wont load data (currently have ticket with Carenado for remedy) I used the Flight1 GTN750 as a popup but the NAV button on the Premier is for FMS only and doesnt recognize the GTN750. How did you get it to work?

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

I do not have this airplane, and have moved to P3DV4 as my primary sim.

Good-bye FSX  :cool:

Bert

+1, although I still have FSX installed to test new scenery.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Cool, now I have to add the Premier to my list (was thinking Phenom 300 or Hawker). Anyone have a fps comparison for the Premier vs Hawker or 300?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

4 hours ago, warbirds said:

Cool, now I have to add the Premier to my list (was thinking Phenom 300 or Hawker). Anyone have a fps comparison for the Premier vs Hawker or 300?

Paul, you keep asking for these comparisons... and I'm curious why?  What do you hope to gain?  You more than anyone (as a painter) should know that FPS is a fleeting goal.  The comparison will be like two sims comparably configured.  What do you think the chances of that are?

Interesting that you mention that about comparison configurations. I have three friends locally with three different computer setups and yet we get very similar fps with most compared aircraft. 

I want to know about fps so I can make a decision, simple as that and I plan to ask until I find out.

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

19 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Interesting that you mention that about comparison configurations. I have three friends locally with three different computer setups and yet we get very similar fps with most compared aircraft. 

I want to know about fps so I can make a decision, simple as that and I plan to ask until I find out.

I have flown the Phenom 300 in P3D V3 only.  Now flying the Premier 1A in P3Dv4.  I have better FPS with the Premier vs the Phenom but that may be due to overall better FPS in version 4 for me since day 1.

I enjoy the Premier 1A above all business jets with one exception (F1 C510 Mustang), which is currently not compatible in P3Dv4.  If Bert's GTN750 integration is successful, the Premier 1A may take FIRST PLACE !!

My system specs below:

Prepar3D v4 /  W7/64 prem  / I7 6700k O/C @4.6ghz / 16 GB / GTX970

WAT1460.png

Thanks, and thanks to Bert for the mod.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 15/08/2017 at 10:18 PM, vcarlo said:

Been waiting for this post for 2 months !!! Bless you Bert.  Email has been sent.

Thanks !!!

Ditto!PM sent, thanks Bert!

Murray Dreyer

On 8/14/2017 at 4:10 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Got an early P3D4 version to test..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic58698_post371876.html#371876

Contact me via PM if you would like a copy.

Bert, received the mod ... thank you!

It looks exactly like the screenshot from the simforums page in your link, but problem is the bottom row of buttons (back, menu, CDI, OBS, etc) are cropped so no way to access those controls other than to make it full window (unless I'm missing something).  In your Phenom 300 mod, the radio controls are cropped instead, leaving the bottom row visible ... can that be done here too?

You have a click spot on top bezel of (inop) FMC to bring up the radios.  Since F1 now packages the GTN750 and 650 together, was wondering if it would be possible to have that click spot open the 650 instead for operating the radios and other 650 goodness?

Appreciate your work on all of these GTN mods.  Makes the purchase price of that unit easier to justify!!

Brad

Hi Brad,

There are always some limitations in fitting avionics into spaces that were not designed for them.. and you have pointed some of them out.

Having a 650 instead of the RTU would be possible, but not really all that useful IMHO,  I provided the RTU to be able to set the NAV2 radio, and it does that.. :happy:

Bert