Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

Virtualcol CRJ lack of drag in flight

7 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Did the fix on the 700 and flew it on Vatsim Tuesday night with BVARTCC. Airspeed was very controllable. No problem slowing down and keeping it under 250 below 10000.

Russ

Good to know thanks!

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

48 minutes ago, GWC123 said:

I'm a type rated CRJ Captain. I haven't tried these planes yet as I've been on a trip for the last few days, so can't comment on how they fly, but I can tell you that the 700/900 are a little more difficult to slow. now nothing like throttles at idle in level flight holding 300kias, but it does take some decent planning, especially in the 900. Now the 200 is a different story, pull the throttles back on that and you'll fall out of the sky pretty quick

Good to know. Thanks.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

4 hours ago, GWC123 said:

I'm a type rated CRJ Captain. I haven't tried these planes yet as I've been on a trip for the last few days, so can't comment on how they fly, but I can tell you that the 700/900 are a little more difficult to slow. now nothing like throttles at idle in level flight holding 300kias, but it does take some decent planning, especially in the 900. Now the 200 is a different story, pull the throttles back on that and you'll fall out of the sky pretty quick

Please try them when you get the chance and give us a report, OK? Simmers love to hear that kind of stuff!!

I'm sure you have tried the default FSX CRJ... how does that one compare to the real thing? (I'm talking flying qualities more than system depth, of which the default CRJ basically has none. lol)

Thanks!

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, b1bmsgt said:

Please try them when you get the chance and give us a report, OK? Simmers love to hear that kind of stuff!!

I'm sure you have tried the default FSX CRJ... how does that one compare to the real thing? (I'm talking flying qualities more than system depth, of which the default CRJ basically has none. lol)

Thanks!

Russ

Honestly I've never flown it. I came from xplane after years with the full intent of going deep into payware planes, so I haven't done much freeware stuff in the sim.

I have purchased this planes, i must say, they are really bad.

i have the latest update for V4, flying with crj200 and on cruise in FL280 and  the plane goes up and down all the way.

also the standby horizon is not working....
i would never buy this plane for an 2.time.

2 hours ago, Alti said:

I have purchased this planes, i must say, they are really bad.

i have the latest update for V4, flying with crj200 and on cruise in FL280 and  the plane goes up and down all the way.

also the standby horizon is not working....
i would never buy this plane for an 2.time.

What do you mean by "goes up and down all the way"? Mine is rock steady at altitude.

Yeah, I noticed the standby. Hopefully they'll fix that on the next update. 

Everything considered, though, I like the airplane. I'm sure the Aerosoft CRJ will be worlds ahead of the Virtualcol, but at least this one is in my hangar, whereas the Aerosoft is... where?

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

19 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

What do you mean by "goes up and down all the way"? Mine is rock steady at altitude.

Hi,

mine did not hold altitude. it goes 500 Ft below and 500 over the cruise level.
and this with vspeed up to 1800. yaw is on.

1 hour ago, Alti said:

Hi,

mine did not hold altitude. it goes 500 Ft below and 500 over the cruise level.
and this with vspeed up to 1800. yaw is on.

I finally found the Yaw damper panel this morning, so I haven't flown with it on yet! I'll have to check it out.

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)