Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

Axis assignments for my new CH Yoke

Guest Anthony_D

Evening all,I've got some new CH Yoke and Pedals. Very nice, flying with proper control inputs feels weird mind you - especially taxiing with rudder pedals, but back to the question.Question 1: Regarding axis assignments for the three levers. When flying different aircraft I want the three levers to perform different functions. I.e.Single Piston: Throttle, Prop & MixtureTwin Piston: Throttle 1, Mixture 1&2, Throttle 2Twin Jet/Turboprop: Throttle 1, Reverse thrust 1&2, Throttle 2Four Engine Jet: Throttle 1&2, Reverse thrust, Throttle 3&4Currently I have to change the assignments manually inside fs2004 every time I fly a differnt aircraft. Is there any way of changing assignments more easily? I looked at the devices.cfg file in the main folder and considered making duplicate files that I could simply swap in before starting fs2004 (e.g. devices.cfg.single_prop, devices.cfg.twin_jet etc..). Unfortunately it seems that this file is not the one that stores buttton assignments.Question 2: For four engine planes, how can I assign engines 1&2 to one thrust lever and 3&4 to the other. It seems that multiple functions cannot be compounded to one thrust lever within fs2004.Also, there seems to be no assignment in the list for reverse thrust. Can anyone suggest a method for assigning this to an axis?Question 3: The rudder pedal movements seem to be counter intuitive. With bicycle handlebars, If I pull the left handle and push the right handle, the bike goes left. The opposite seems true for rudder pedals. If I pull the left pedal and push the right pedal, I turn right. This fits in with the fs2004 animation in the VC but I'm just wondering if this is the correct setup for rudder pedals in real life.Anthony Dyer

Guest Tophatter

For question 2: You will need a registered version of FSUIPC which will allow one lever to control engines 1&2 and one to control engines 3 & 4. This will also allow you to calibrate your levers to include a thrust reverser zone (as well as prop lever feather zone) These assignments can be all inclusive of your aircraft or be aircraft specific.FSUIPC developer Peter Dowson mentioned on his site that he is working on being able to assign axis control to levers in a future version. This would help you with question 1. (Currently FSUIPC only lets you calibrate already assigned axis)FSUIPC does do much more than this and is well worth the registration fee.For question 3, your rudder pedals are working realistically and correctly :)Bud

CH Control Manager (available @ CH Products) is designed to create 'maps' which can be programmed and then a particular map can be loaded for a particular AC. I've tried using it but find it confusing, diffulcult and impossible (at least) for me to use. If you just change axis assignments in FS9, the button assignments won't change from AC to AC . Since I use only a few button assignments anyway, and they all stay the same for any AC, this process is what I'm doing until I can learn to use CH's CM (very doubtful).

Guest Tophatter

Correct, CH Control Manager can do the different maps for each aircraft and it is easy to load them. You could do that for assigning your axis. You can load a new map or even edit one while Flight Sim is still running. Bud

You might also want to post this question AND read some answers to similar questions at:http://www.ch-hangar.com/HTH,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpghttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest ha5mvo

Anthony,Here's a utility that solves your issues:http://www.protu-154.com/forum/download.php?id=1196The docs are in russian but the example panel.cfg for the cessna is rather self explanatory as far as the installation is concerned.The gauge will remember the axis/keys assignments for each ENTRY in the aircraft.cfg (i.e you can have a different setup for rach REPAINT)Note, that you need to DISABLE(!!) the joystick in the sim for the utility to take control.Also, to save your setting right-click the "lid" (right of the "R") to expose the red button and press it!Hope that helps//Michaelhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140719.jpg

Guest ha5mvo

Bud,How do you go about assigning axis through CM?Say I want to have the classic throttle/prop/mix for GA aircraft and throttles 1/2 + spoilers for jets...can you do that with CM?//Michael

Guest Tophatter

You may have to do some experimenting. I don't have the CH Throttle myself, I have the CH Pro-Throttle but I do use CH Control manager. When you open CH Control Manager and you look at each lever, how many possible axis assignments are available? If there is a total of 6 (X,Y,Z,R,U,V) then you should be able to do this:Make one MAP for Props and one for Jets. For the Prop MAP one assign engine 1 and 2 throttle levers to axis X and Y. For the Prop lever assign that to axis Z and for the mixture axis R. Save the MAPFor the Jet MAP The throttle levers remain the same, change the prop lever assignment to axis U, The mixture lever can remain as well since you have nothing else you wanted to assign to it for jets. Should still function to shut off fuel. SAve the MAP.Now download Prop Map into the Throttle unit and start Flight Sim, Go to Controls-Assignments Joystick Axes section and make sure your throttle is the selected joystick type. Assign the throttles, prop and mixture axes (X,Y,Z) as required. Once that is done save the assignments in flight sim. Now load the jet MAP into the unit and go back to assignments (This may require restarting FS9 to recognize the changed axes) Now assign the Spoiler axis ® and save again. Check to see if the Prop Axis assignemnt still shows axis R.Try that and let me know how it works.Bud