Sign in to follow this  
Shinx13

P3DV3.4 Water Tiles Missing?

Hey everyone, i was wondering if some of you have encountered an issue with water missing when you are flying in certain parts of the world? I was flying over the Atlantic Ocean and in the horizon it seems as though the water is having problems loading or something like that. I also caught a screenshot from the top and cockpit and saw that i am missing some tiles. I do notice that the tiles that are missing kinda disappear and reappear over and over again, so i am not sure what is up with that. It's kind of annoying seeing the water loading in like it is and it takes away from the immersion. I was wondering if any of you have encountered this issue and have a work-around or fix? Thanks in advance!!

904710983c001bb8fce717bc5b904e78.png (image of the water tiles missing)

052f2313a71f7427798b36c90b9fd08f.jpg (picture in cockpit)

Sincerely,

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

I saw this a few days ago and found that if I turned down one of those radius sliders (can't remember which one as I am at work but I think it was the top left one) this went away. I am guessing that that setting exceeded what my card/CPU could produce, although not sure really. It is over the ocean and so should be easier to draw than over land, but anyway, turn that slider down one notch and it will go away.

Edited by beachdog2001
Changed ridiculous to radius, lol

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

22 minutes ago, beachdog2001 said:

I saw this a few days ago and found that if I turned down one of those ridiculous sliders (can't remember which one as I am at work but I think it was the top left one) this went away. I am guessing that that setting exceeded what my card/CPU could produce, although not sure really. It is over the ocean and so should be easier to draw than over land, but anyway, turn that slider down one notch and it will go away.

Thanks for your help! Can you actually send in your settings, so i can cross reference with mines? My Specs are as follows:

I5-7600K (OC 4.7ghz)

GTX970 (4GB)

16GB RAM

I initially thought that maybe it could be my Nvidia Inspector settings, but i am going to test some theories out. I will report my findings. 

P.S. (Yeah the issue is not Nvidia inspector)

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

Okay, so after an hour or so of theories i think i found the culprit. It was the LOD_Radius. I had mines set to MAX and lowered it down 1 slider down and i guess it fixed that problem!

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

Yup, that was the one.:biggrin:

Now the question is..why exactly?

i7700K, W10, 980GTX, 16GB Ram

• Upvote 1

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

10 minutes ago, beachdog2001 said:

Yup, that was the one.:biggrin:

Now the question is..why exactly?

i7700K, w20, 980GTX, 16GB Ram

Thanks man, and i am not sure either? This only happens in in Atlantic and Pacific Ocean. Anywhere else is fine.

Also, does this issue happen for P3DV4? I am still haven't purchased it.

Edited by Shinx13
Post Edit

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png