Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Customizable cameras for cinematic mode and replay mode?

Would be great if we can set out own cameras for the cinematics mode to scroll through, is there a way to do this? Also since replay mode in P3D is still the same as in FSX, which is very quirky and not good at all and FSRecorder no longer works. Could future versions of ChasePlane implement a customizeable replay mode with the power and features of FSRecorder? I would love to be able to watch a replay of my take off and landings from various different spots or cameras. But there's no way to do it, or at least a simple way, and thats one thing I love about ChasePlane is that the entire experience with the add-on is very intuitive and natural.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Those are all things that are planned for the future!

Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

+1

Being able to setup multiple cinematic cameras per aircraft would be great!

Each cinematic camera should have ability to set constraints such as:-

• Min/max zoom level
  • Min/max vertical offset (ie from center of aircraft)
  • Min/max horizontal offset (ie from center of aircraft)
  • Min/max angle (ie with nose being at 0% and tail at 180%)

In flight I like to have the camera in front of and above the plane (so I can see the ground)... so I could set up a "Cruise" cinematic camera with a vertical offset constraint of say +5m to +10m which would set the camera at a random vertical distance of somewhere between 5 and 10 metres above the center of the aircraft, and a constraint angle of say -45 to 45% (ie in front of the aircraft).

When parked at the gate I might like to setup a "Ground" cinematic camera at 1.8m above ground level (ie vertical constraint of 1.8m to 1.8m).

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

So I know the replay features have been planned, but are you guys currently working on it yet? This is a much needed feature in a flightsim. When I played Gran Turismo or Assetto Corsa, the replay games really brings the entire experience together. Having a set a tools that will allow for some great replays of your flights, especially during landing and takeoff would be great to have. I'm extremely excited that you have considered adding this, but would like to know more information if any to keep us updated on this replay feature please.

Thanks!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU