Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

EZ-Scenery is it worth it ???

Guest captandy

I see there is an abundance of freeware scenery using EZ-Scenery.I know that there is a freeware executable that will install the EZ-Scenery library.I am just wondering is it worth installing and including all the other various libraries that some sceneries require??How are the FPS on these sceneries ??ThanksAndy

First off, try the demo. It is an excellent representation of the full product. The demo is full featured, but you are limited to only the Seattle area. http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s600.htm (make sure to get the latest patch from the support area)There is an unoffical discussion forum in this hosted by the BEV folks:http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/smf_1-0-5/index.php?board=59.0You can find out a lot more about the program here. My brief opinion:The default library that comes with the program (plus you can use any default fs2004 scenery libraries) are ok, but lack a lot of good objects. One of the included libraries is made up entirely of street signs, which I still haven't found any use for. So, in order to get full use of the product, you need to install 3rd party libraries. The good thing is there are many libraries already available, and more new ones coming every day. Libraries are easy to install, if you can install scenery, then you can install and use the libraries. To keep the libraries organized, there is a great sticky thread containing most the EZ Scenery libraries available. Check it out here:http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/smf_1-0-5/in...hp?topic=1418.0If you want to see what kind of sceneries people are making, check out this thread:http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/smf_1-0-5/in...hp?topic=1170.0The community here at the unofficial forums are small, but really helpful to get you started. As for framerates, that depends on a few factors:-the object itself (some objects are more fps friendly than others)-the number of objectsYou can add a reasonable number of objects to a small airport and have little impact on fps. However if you tackle a large airport with a huge number of objects, fps can drop significantly. The best thing to do is try a few completed sceneries here in the library (see above thread) and you can see the performance of different airports.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest captandy

Thanks for the input, but I am not a BEV forum member and I was just asking in general should I take the time and resources to install the free libraries.I really am asking for simmers opinions on how they like the freeware scenery downloaded here at AVSIM.ThanksAndy

Ahh I somewhat misunderstood. If you go to the sticky thread and download and install all the libraries there, you could probably do it in about 5 minutes or so. Assuming you have a good connection. I didn't realize that you can't read the forums without registering there though. The thread there is well organized and updated frequently, so it is the easiest way to keep all the libraries straight.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF