Sign in to follow this  
doylie22

Release Question

I admit that selfishly I made the move to P3D v4 before most add ons being brought current to the new platform is my own fault but question on schedule.

I understand the 300 is waiting on a hot fix from LM with something pertaining to the nose wheel camera. That's fine, I get that. Is there a reason why that's delaying the update to the NGX? I have exasturbated my trans-continental flying for a little while. :biggrin:

Please don't strike me as impatient, only anxious and eager. And not totally understanding of software development. :blush:

We are on the forefront of exciting times in flight simulation.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

As always, when there's any news it will be posted in the general forum from an official PMDG representative. Anything other than that is speculation.

The NGX is an older product code-wise than the 777 and 747 are and it's taking longer to update than we initially anticipated. It's also a more complicated product in terms of building the installers and such - the P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 versions have totally separate models, gauge dlls, texture, panel and model cfgs, etc - multiply that across the 7 variants of the airplane in the NGX product line and it's quite a lot of work. We're working on it.

• Upvote 12

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

So the modeller have time to add the Split Scimitar Winglets? :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Philipp Schwaegerl

6 minutes ago, Zuendholz said:

So the modeller have time to add the Split Scimitar Winglets? :ph34r:

Then you would have the appearance with the wrong performance. What for, really?

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

3 hours ago, Tabs said:

The NGX is an older product code-wise than the 777 and 747 are and it's taking longer to update than we initially anticipated. It's also a more complicated product in terms of building the installers and such - the P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 versions have totally separate models, gauge dlls, texture, panel and model cfgs, etc - multiply that across the 7 variants of the airplane in the NGX product line and it's quite a lot of work. We're working on it.

Thanks for the explanation. Having almost zero software knowledge, i was wondering why 737 series was the last to be updated although it has -as far as I understand from the forums- more customers than the others.

Ahmet Can

4 hours ago, Tabs said:

All I can say is this:

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

6 hours ago, Tabs said:

Hi,
Thank you for the information Ryan. I am also one of the guys that is waiting for NGX to fly as I have switched completely to V4 and uninstall V3.

Looking forward to get it!

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

7 hours ago, Tabs said:

Understood, I can appreciate the complexity and especially with an older project. The timeline made it seem that it would not be worked on until after the release of the 300 but your reply clearly shows it's underway. 

You won't see me complain about how long it takes after seeing my investment will be brought to the new platform free of charge. For that I'm patient, was more so curious. Thank you for your explanation.

8 hours ago, costamesa said:

Thanks for the explanation. Having almost zero software knowledge, i was wondering why 737 series was the last to be updated although it has -as far as I understand from the forums- more customers than the others.

This was essentially answered in the earlier post: the code is older. Why hold up two products that are relatively simple, in order to spend potentially a lot more time trying to work on a more complex project, given its age?

Kyle Rodgers

Well, having extensive experience juggling some of the most complex systems in the world of software and networking... 

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Why hold up two products that are relatively simple, in order to spend potentially a lot more time trying to work on a more complex project, given its age?

A: Because one of those other products, by your own comment, is held up by a third-party. It was a reasonable question to ask, I suppose... :-)

13 hours ago, doylie22 said:

I understand the 300 is waiting on a hot fix from LM with something pertaining to the nose wheel camera. That's fine, I get that. Is there a reason why that's delaying the update to the NGX? 

So I have read all your responses however the question has not been answered. As a professional developer for a development company, we have many of times, especially lately with xcode and apple, where updates and fixes of a third part partially or fully stop a development. This does not stop my company from developing however, we simply move to another project. Now before ever non-developer and sim enthusiast jumps by back, Im not saying that PMDG is slacking or anything to that effect. I am simply hoping to ask the original question in a more detailed way to hopefully get a more clear picture of the NGX.   

So here is my question; Has the hotfix stopped all development period thus the dev team is taking a break OR, are there other functions of the T7 that are being worked on while waiting for a hot fix OR have you gotten a jump on the NGX during this time while nothing can be done on the T7 meaning a shorter turnaround on release of the NGX after the hotfix. 

Again for you trolls out there, I am not trying to badger, I appreciate PMDG and believe they have done a spectacular job FOR FREE I might add converting us over to 64x. Just trying to get a better picture if the NGX is getting moved to JULY now instead of the initial proposed release of mid June. 

15 minutes ago, JasonC said:

So here is my question; Has the hotfix stopped all development period thus the dev team is taking a break OR, are there other functions of the T7 that are being worked on while waiting for a hot fix OR have you gotten a jump on the NGX during this time while nothing can be done on the T7 meaning a shorter turnaround on release of the NGX after the hotfix. 

I would have thought....

13 hours ago, Tabs said:

....would have answered it, given that Ryan is on the development team. They are working on the 737 whilst the issues with the 777 are being dealt with, but updating the 737 is taking longer than they expected.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.