Sign in to follow this  
callumskylink

FSX:SE Scenery Library not keeping added scenery.

Hi,

Whenever I try to add scenery into FSX:SE, the file will add itself into the library but once the database has updated and I open the library again, the scenery files are no longer present.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Callum

Sounds like those scenery files have not been added correctly.  Are you aware about clicking

in the white area as well as clicking the OK tab to add the scenery?

http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/fsx-adding-scenery-windows-7-bug.html

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes I have been doing that to get the scenery to add, and once I've done that the scenery shows up at the top of the list like it should - however it is not there when I go back onto the scenery installer.

Install TweakFS - FSX Config Toolbox, probably the best scenery tool as you can control all your addon scenery, have backup cfg's and more, wouldn't be without it.

Echofox

Wow that's extreme. If it worked for you great but I would like to, so when others who have problems, read this, that uninstalling fsx should be the last result. Had mine installed 10 years, installed once. If I had to uninstall I'd rather chop my toe off! 😆

Was it an admin rights problem? Installed into programme files? (big no, c:\fsx is much better doesn't require admin rights)

the problem may may have been that if you had it installed into programs files then when you try to install scenery, the scenery.cfg file won't be saved, it will not save any changes to any files within the "program files", 

Luke Pype