Sign in to follow this  
EasyPC

Airport rescan takes ages

Hi, whenever I re-scan (regenerate) airport data it takes about 24 minutes, 22 minutes of this is taken up with airport NXWD which crawls along in 0.01% increments. Anyone else have this?

Thanks.

Hover your mouse on the scan process while in the Presets page to know what file is slowing the process down.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

Thanks for reply. The problem seems to be my installation of Pilot's Ultimate terrain Mesh, over 75gbs of data being pointlessly scanned for non-existent airports. is there any way of excluding this, or any other, folder that doesn't contain airport data or is the scanning of this data necessary?

Thanks,

Peter.

Take it as a "There is not enough time as a day"...

I will have a look at what we can do for that. We have a blacklist for this very purpose and it does contain the name of the folder the mesh when it's installed. There is no manual way to disable them right now but we are looking at possibilities 

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Here is a list of folder names that are currently excluded from the scan:

• "FTX_VECTOR_AEC",
  • FTX_VECTOR_EXX",
  • "FTX_VECTOR_CVX",
  • "FTX_VECTOR_OBJ",
  • "FreeMesh",
  • "FSGU_NG",
  • "ORBXLIBS",

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank-you for that information, however my version of FSGU is the earlier version, FSGUX which I assume is not currently excluded from the scan. Would it not be possible for a scenery to be excluded from the scan by simply deactivating the scenery in the scenery library, in other words if in the scenery.cfg entry for that area Active=FALSE was set then the file would not be scanned?

Peter.

You can deactivate the scenery in the cfg file and make the scan, that would work
Can you give me the folder name? I'll add it to the exclusion list

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank-you for your reply.

The folder name is FSGUX

I can confirm that by deselecting the FSGUX scenery areas in the sim scenery library and running the scan results in a scan of little more than a minute. Reselecting them and running the scan again results in a scan of over 20 minutes.

Could it be possible maybe in a future update for the user to manually select folders for exclusion from within the CP UI ?

Could I also ask why it is necessary for FSX to be running in order to perform a scan, if CP knows the location of the scenery.cfg then it shouldn't be necessary for FSX to be running, or are files other than the scenery.cfg being accessed?

Many thanks,

Peter.

We try to keep the UI as uncluttered as possible and making a scenery list would be too complicated for what it is. We will describe the process in the User Manual but I think that unchecking the scenery from the sim or simply leaving it running in the background during a flight would be the logical thing to do.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42