Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Alabeo aircraft updated to P3DV4 (first batch)

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

I;ve just now been back to the site and guess what, the serial number had changed! NOW it works. A case of itchy trigger finger on the email button before everything was set up properly. Par for the course?

Yep, I had a new serial number too. Installed with no further problems.

This is the only problem like this that I recall, and I have a lot of Carenado/Alabeo stuff.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Have got the new updates but with problems in the vc I have no floor and only half a panel when engine starts a heap of smoke and no start

this is with the Carenado PC-12 and the Alabeo PA-44

anyone got a solution for this problem

John

Above same issue i have with Pa-44 Seminole.

Dino Rossetti

1 hour ago, airservices said:

Have got the new updates but with problems in the vc I have no floor and only half a panel when engine starts a heap of smoke and no start

John

My PC-12 is fine.

3 hours ago, airservices said:

John

Are you sure you installed the new version? Because these issues were there with if you installed the v3 version into v4.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Farlis said:

Are you sure you installed the new version? Because these issues were there with if you installed the v3 version into v4.

I have only got the v4 version the installer comes up with FSX orP3d I click on P3D and next the box keeps flicking and I click the box that is flicking and I get P3DV4 for install all goes well then when I load the a/c into the sim  that is were the problem starts

On 6/20/2017 at 9:31 AM, ricka47 said:

Just received the email as well.  But, I'm sure the installers are not updated other than just pointing to v4.

You are totally correct. No option to install outside the sim, as recommended by LM. Planes won't work if you install anywhere else but your main sim folder.

I suppose this can be done manually by editing the xml?

Anyone know what their policy is for owners of the FSX version. Since the P3dv4 now includes FSX? 

Bob

On 2017-06-20 at 1:57 PM, tamsini said:

Hmmmmm... seems OK on my system.

.. and mine.   (Seminole)

Bert

After going through the changing serial number thing on the Alabeo website, I finally received the email with links and serial numbers for the Staggerwing and DA-40.

DA-40 install didn't recognize the serial number sent in the email. I even copied it to a text file and copied it back from there and pasted in the installer. No luck.

The Staggerwing wasn't listed as available yet for v4, but I tried it anyway. I downloaded from the link and tried to install. The serial number worked. The installer showed a choice for FSX or P3D. I selected P3D. It then showed v2 and a grayed out flickering area that when clicked inserted the path to v3. I replaced this path with the one to v4 and let it install. Everything seemed to work, but I could not find a location where the install went. Not in P3Dv4 simobjects and not in document adons. Also, when I launched v4 I could not find the aircraft in the sim.

So I am guessing the Staggerwing installer hasn't been updated even though I got the email with a link and new serial number. 

Anyone else tried the Staggerwing?

Mike

13 minutes ago, mmosier1 said:

After going through the changing serial number thing on the Alabeo website, I finally received the email with links and serial numbers for the Staggerwing and Tri-Pacer.

Tri-Pacer install didn't recognize the serial number sent in the email. I even copied it to a text file and copied it back from there and pasted in the installer. No luck.

For the D17 Staggerwing, I downloaded from the link and tried to install. The serial number worked. The installer showed a choice for FSX or P3D. I selected P3D. It then showed v2 and a grayed out flickering area that when clicked inserted the path to v3. I replaced this path with the one to v4 and let it install. Everything seemed to work, but I could not find a location where the install went. Not in P3Dv4 simobjects and not in document adons. Also, when I launched v4 I could not find the aircraft in the sim.

So I must be doing something wrong or I was sent a link to an old installer. 

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Mike

Check the 3 program folders under Windows. Just a hunch. If so, it will be in the Alabeo folder.

BTW mine did install correctly.

29 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Which 3 program folders. I've looked, but can't find it. When you say yours did install correctly, do you mean the Staggerwing into P3Dv4?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Check the 3 program folders under Windows. Just a hunch. If so, it will be in the Alabeo folder.

BTW mine did install correctly.

Just now, mmosier1 said:

Which 3 program folders. I've looked, but can't find it. When you say yours did install correctly, do you mean the Staggerwing into P3Dv4?

Thanks

Yes P3D4.

Not Windows sorry.

C:\Program Files (x86)

C:\Program Files

or C:\ProgramData