Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Alabeo aircraft updated to P3DV4 (first batch)

13 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Yes P3D4.

Not Windows sorry.

C:\Program Files (x86)

C:\Program Files

or C:\ProgramData

Thanks for the quick response. I looked at each of those and no luck. Did your installer have a v4 option to select or did you override the v3 location with v4 like I did?

I've got a ticket opened with Alabeo. Maybe I'll try downloading the installer again too.

4 minutes ago, mmosier1 said:

Thanks for the quick response. I looked at each of those and no luck. I've got a ticket opened with Alabeo. Maybe I'll try downloading the installer again too.

When you installed it did you see a progress bar? Also have you tried a file or folder search for Alabeo?

3 minutes ago, bills511 said:

When you installed it did you see a progress bar? Also have you tried a file or folder search for Alabeo?

I did see a progress bar, and I did a folder search for Alabeo. All I found were Alabeo folders pertaining to FSX and P3Dv3. Also, like I said it doesn't show up in the sim either. Did your installer have an option to select v4? Mine did not.

1 minute ago, mmosier1 said:

I did see a progress bar, and I did a folder search for Alabeo. All I found were Alabeo folders pertaining to FSX and P3Dv4. Also, like I said it doesn't show up in the sim either. Did your installer have an option to select v4? Mine did not.

Yes, had an option to install to v4.

Does the Staggerwing show up under the control panel uninstall a program list?

2 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Yes, had an option to install to v4.

Does the Staggerwing show up under the control panel uninstall a program list?

I didn't have an option to install to v4. I had to manually put in the v4 location. Yes, the control panel uninstall has the Staggerwing and shows it installed today. It shows it as version 1.0.

5 minutes ago, mmosier1 said:

I didn't have an option to install to v4. I had to manually put in the v4 location. Yes, the control panel uninstall has the Staggerwing and shows it installed today. It shows it as version 1.0.

What is the date stamp of the installer ALSTD17.exe? It should be 6/20/17.

2 minutes ago, bills511 said:

What is the date stamp of the installer ALSTD17.exe? It should be 6/20/17.

Yes it is.... ‎June ‎20, ‎2017, ‏‎5:39:30 PM

Just now, mmosier1 said:

Yes it is.... ‎June ‎20, ‎2017, ‏‎5:39:30 PM

Strange. You have the right installer then. I would go ahead and uninstall it then and reinstall.

Just now, bills511 said:

Strange. You have the right installer then. I would go ahead and uninstall it then and reinstall.

I will give that a try. I didn't do an uninstall before. I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks again!

16 minutes ago, mmosier1 said:

I will give that a try. I didn't do an uninstall before. I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks again!

It worked! I uninstalled the Staggerwing. This time on install I selected P3D and it showed me v2 and a gray box beside it. If I clicked the box I got the v3 location. No option was displayed for v4. Out of curiosity I clicked the blank spot beside the gray box and I got the v4 location. I selected that and it installed fine. Not sure where the files installed to, but I'll look at that tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help!

Mike

3 minutes ago, mmosier1 said:

It worked! I uninstalled the Staggerwing. This time on install I selected P3D and it showed me v2 and a gray box beside it. If I clicked the box I got the v3 location. No option was displayed for v4. Out of curiosity I clicked the blank spot beside the gray box and I got the v4 location. I selected that and it installed fine. Not sure where the files installed to, but I'll look at that tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help!

Mike

Glad you got it worked out.

On 21. 6. 2017 at 6:10 AM, airservices said:

Have got the new updates but with problems in the vc I have no floor and only half a panel when engine starts a heap of smoke and no start

this is with the Carenado PC-12 and the Alabeo PA-44

anyone got a solution for this problem

John

You have old version gauge is not 64bit

On 20. 6. 2017 at 10:32 PM, CrownCityMisfits said:

That's too bad. They probably didn't run it through the v4 SDK.

Whats about SDK? as mentioned below, Alabeo uses dll gauge, it have to be 64bit to make it work

On 20. 6. 2017 at 6:31 PM, ricka47 said:

Just received the email as well.  But, I'm sure the installers are not updated other than just pointing to v4.

Then it will not work as Carenado and Alabe uses DLL gauge for most functional part of their aircraft, to make it work you need 64bit version of that gauge

Downloaded the DA40, looked good but CTD consistenly. Tried new download, again CTD. Anyone have any idea why this aircraft but not others is causing CTD?