Sign in to follow this  

SPAI AI Traffic Pack Gone!

Looks like the SPAI AI Traffic Pack which worked with Prepar v4 has been removed, I guess they were copying other's work. It's a shame since they had good looking models and the World of Ai is basically gone.

Anything comparable, looks like the payware versions have poor quality models and paint.

Darryl  

1 minute ago, AA777-223 said:

Looks like the SPAI AI Traffic Pack which worked with Prepar v4 has been removed, I guess they were copying other's work. It's a shame since they had good looking models and the World of Ai is basically gone.

Anything comparable, looks like the payware versions have poor quality models and paint

Darryl  

Good news. Death to pirates!

On 6/20/2017 at 0:41 PM, AA777-223 said:

Anything comparable, looks like the payware versions have poor quality models and paint.

Darryl  

You can download the models from the RIGHTFUL model makers then just add the paints.  Download flightplans from AIG on AVSIM library then install using AIFP will help you do this.   Just make sure you download the FSX versions.  Most are correcting this for v4. 

FAIB, AIA, HTAI, and many others

Removed Link as it linked to a site that requires membership and was useless.

Link at the bottom will take you to where you can download. 

Arduous process but better than others pirating this work and not asking for permission from the model makers. 

Edited by Jim Young
Removed link.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Yeah, all you have to do is spend a few dozen (or hundred!) hours of your own time getting to the same result as what these pirated packs offer. It's still "free," if you discount the huge amount of time each person who does this spends reinventing the wheel. What a bargain!

(If I sound bitter, it's because I'm working on this myself at the moment, but tempted to just give up and live without meaningful amounts of AI -- because who has time for this nonsense when you have a full-time job?)

Not defending what these packs do (especially since in this case it appears they were charging for others' work, which is totally indefensible from any standpoint), but it's a reminder of how utterly senseless the situation with AI is in our sims. All the paints and models are freeware, but everyone has to compile them for themselves because the people who created them can't play nicely together. It's madness.

James

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

"Removed", I don't follow? He turned it into a donationware pack and he recently released version 7, which he only distributes through email.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos1988 said:

"Removed", I don't follow?

He took others hard work without their permission (theft) and then started trying to sell the stolen goods, No place here for thieves.

17 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

"Removed", I don't follow? He turned it into a donationware pack and he recently released version 7, which he only distributes through email.

SPAI AI Traffic Pack link was removed today (AM).

4 minutes ago, AA777-223 said:

SPAI AI Traffic Pack link was removed today (AM).

Where from? It's not publicly available any more, at least not the newer versions. He is only distributing it through email now and it's an ongoing project. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Where from? It's not publicly available any more, at least not the newer versions. He is only distributing it through email now and it's an ongoing project. 

He should be sued for stealing models and repaints without permission and distributing it for a profit!

26 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

This what he wrote on March 22 but in reality it was today: "Unfortunately, the competition was won. Everything was deleted. I apologize for the inconvenience. Of course, my old donaters will continue to receive updates."

No more link to him anymore but if he was cheating...

Discussion on pirated payware or freeware program is not permitted on Avsim.

Its been determined that this was pirated freeware that was compiled without the permission of the owners of the models, flight plans or textures used in this program. The author was then taking donations to profit from it.

No different than any of the other pirated AI  packs that have been used throughout the years .

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator