Sign in to follow this  
EuroTruckGuy

HELP! FSX vs X-Plane 11

Hello,

I am having trouble deciding if I should switch to X plane 11 from FSX:SE. I already own X-Plane 11 (I received a free copy from FlightSimCon2017), and I have installed a few free add-ons for it.

I have been using FSX for a while, and I would hate to leave all my add-ons (ORBX, Aerosoft a320, payware airports, and more) to switch to X-Plane. 

I have taken a few screenshots at gate A18 at EDDF in both sims to use as a comparison. Keep in mind that I have the Aerosoft EDDF add-on in FSX, and X-Plane 11 comes default with the Aerosoft EDDF.

Thanks,

David

PS- my fps in x-plane is ~25, while in FSX, its ~35.

28 minutes ago, EuroTruckGuy said:

Hello,

I am having trouble deciding if I should switch to X plane 11 from FSX:SE. I already own X-Plane 11 (I received a free copy from FlightSimCon2017), and I have installed a few free add-ons for it.

I have been using FSX for a while, and I would hate to leave all my add-ons (ORBX, Aerosoft a320, payware airports, and more) to switch to X-Plane. 

I have taken a few screenshots at gate A18 at EDDF in both sims to use as a comparison. Keep in mind that I have the Aerosoft EDDF add-on in FSX, and X-Plane 11 comes default with the Aerosoft EDDF.

Thanks,

David

PS- my fps in x-plane is ~25, while in FSX, its ~35.

What's the emergency. use both.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I use X-Plane 11 and Prepar3d (removed FSX a few years back).  I'd keep both if I were you, but invest enough time in Xplane to learn what it has to offer and how to add custom scenery etc. Try out some of excellent freeware and learn how to use some of the many free tools such as Ortho4xp, W2XP, WED and Overlay Editor.  I've been spending most of my time in Xplane since doing this and find it hard to go back to Prepar3d, even with its years & $$$ in addons. Xplane gives me the greatest sense of immersion, especially over scenery created with Ortho4XP and W2XP.  I also enjoy how easy it is to tweak and customize the scenery myself, once I got past the initial learning curve. Having said that, both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses, so switch back and forth, depending on your mood and the type of flying you want to do.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

15 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

I use X-Plane 11 and Prepar3d (removed FSX a few years back).  I'd keep both if I were you, but invest enough time in Xplane to learn what it has to offer and how to add custom scenery etc. Try out some of excellent freeware and learn how to use some of the many free tools such as Ortho4xp, W2XP, WED and Overlay Editor.  I've been spending most of my time in Xplane since doing this and find it hard to go back to Prepar3d, even with its years & $$$ in addons. Xplane gives me the greatest sense of immersion, especially over scenery created with Ortho4XP and W2XP.  I also enjoy how easy it is to tweak and customize the scenery myself, once I got past the initial learning curve. Having said that, both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses, so switch back and forth, depending on your mood and the type of flying you want to do.

Thanks for the help! I currently have many free sceneries installed, mostly by MisterX (You've probably heard of him). I also have the Zibo 737 mod installed, along with HeadShake. I'm interested in Ortho4XP, but it takes up a ton of space for multiple regions, so I might have to postpone that one for a while. I actually just did a test flight in the 737 with MisterX KBOS installed, and everything about X-Plane really is amazing, except for the Aliasing. I have it set on 4X, and everything is still really jagged. Do you know how I could tweak this without losing too many fps?

Thanks again,

David

Silly post. Why must you choose one or the other? Use both.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

2 hours ago, EuroTruckGuy said:

I have it set on 4X, and everything is still really jagged. Do you know how I could tweak this without losing too many fps?

With my older GTX780 graphics card, that is the best I can do without compromising FPS too much, but I find it looks decent.  The only tweak is a more powerful graphics card. A 1070 is probably the best performance to price ratio at the moment.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

With my older GTX780 graphics card, that is the best I can do without compromising FPS too much, but I find it looks decent.  The only tweak is a more powerful graphics card. A 1070 is probably the best performance to price ratio at the moment.

Thanks, I guess i'll be sticking with my GTX1050ti for now :)

Huh? what kind of question is that?!!!

You have both, so use both. Why do you have to ask that on a forum?

.....or get rid of both & get P3D!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...