Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Credit card stolen after a simmarket order?

This is the second time, but last had been a year or so ago, that a couple days after a simmarket order (I used their credit card company not Paypal this time) I receive fraudulent charges on my card. Has this ever happened to someone else?

Sorry to hear. I know the feeling.

That explains why 2 of my Chase cards refused to authorize a few weeks ago. Now I use Paypal.

Paypal is the best option. 

]

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Sorry to hear. I know the feeling.

That explains why 2 of my Chase cards refused to authorize a few weeks ago. Now I use Paypal.

The thiefs bought 3 different plane tickets, I must be on a watch list after that!

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Paypal is the best option. 

]

I had to catch the last hours of the Active sky sale and Paypal gave errors, so I used their credit card option. Big mistake!

Boy that sucks....for me I use PayPal exclusively, unless a vendor does not take PayPal...such as Orbx now.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 minute ago, 777200lrf said:

I had to catch the last hours of the Active sky sale and Paypal gave errors, so I used their credit card option. Big mistake!

The thing is their CC system should not be allowing this possibility - it should not be considered a mistake to make a CC purchase from a company like simmarket - been around for many years.

So you did not make the mistake - simmarket needs to be made aware of this and they need to make the changes needed. If enough people respond to this thread with the same complaint, I will send an email to Miguel Blaufuks with a link to this thread.....I may just do it now anyway. This is unacceptable!

If paypal had no issues of their own then ok, but we all have heard the problems there too. 

11 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

The thiefs bought 3 different plane tickets, I must be on a watch list after that!

Not sure if this is possible but I hope there is enough information in the fraudulent transaction that the thieves get stopped at the gate and are arrested.

32 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

This is the second time, but last had been a year or so ago, that a couple days after a simmarket order (I used their credit card company not Paypal this time) I receive fraudulent charges on my card. Has this ever happened to someone else?

Yes.

That happened to me a couple weeks ago.

Alan Davies

Sorry to hear, another idea to help combat this type of criminal activity, that does not cost you money like credit monitoring services. Use one credit card for all your online purchases, amazon, eBay, PayPal .ect... then contact the issuing  credit card company and restrict the daily purchase amount. 

I have mine set at $300.00, I also have text alerts sent to me via phone on every transaction that is placed on the card, if I see one that I don't recognize, I call them immediately. If I need to go over $300 I call the credit card company and let them know about the exact purchase amount and they allow the transaction. 

I set the low daily amount to discourage thieves from getting high dollar authorizations approved, hopefully when these types of purchases get denied they discard my info...  and when I get the text alert it is usually within minutes of the authorization and I can cancel the card quickly if need be.

I agree, one should not have to do this but in today's world it is a must. 

john..

Always try to use a prepaid card with paypal.

My%20Signature.jpg

If i must use credit card, i use virtual master card or virtual visa(prepaid)

Happened to me after using credit card on Navigraph several years ago.

:P Timothy Murphy

27 minutes ago, michelair said:

I agree, one should not have to do this but in today's world it is a must. 

john..

What must happen is a simmarket investigation into the CC co. they use and the security measures. If this were such a common problem - the forums would be flooded, because most flight sim products are bought online.