Sign in to follow this  
TheEXxman

Where's the update to prepar3d v4.

Where is the update to put the 777 into v4. I can't seem to find it. I uninstalled it first, but when I tried to install it again it wouldn't let me install to v4.

Hi,

If you purchased it on the PMDG website, then log on to your account and go to "previous orders" to download the installer.

Also please sign your posts with full names as per forum rules.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

6 minutes ago, TheEXxman said:

Where is the update to put the 777 into v4. I can't seem to find it. I uninstalled it first, but when I tried to install it again it wouldn't let me install to v4.

Welcome to the PMDG forum, please note that full names are required on all posts here.

The PMDG 777-200LRF does install into P3Dv4, log into your account at PMDG and select purchase history.  Download the latest version.  Be sure previous version is uninstalled before installing new version.  Romain beat me to a reply.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry, I did that. I just didn't know if that was the latest version. I have both pv3.4 and pv4 and I was having some issues with crashing on my v3.4. So I wanted to switch the plane to v4. But it seems the problem is solved since both replies answered my question.

I logged into PMDG Operations Centre and clicked on download PMDG 777 for P3Dv4 but it simply disappears. Where is it downloaded to?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

19 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

I logged into PMDG Operations Centre and clicked on download PMDG 777 for P3Dv4 but it simply disappears. Where is it downloaded to?

Directly into your P3D install. If it immediately disappears, you're likely on an extremely old version that the updater doesn't recognize, or you're already up to date.

Kyle Rodgers

But aren't there different installs for P3Dv3 and P3Dv4? Or do I need to remove one before installing for P3Dv4? 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

13 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Or do I need to remove one before installing for P3Dv4?

You do. And you won't be doing the update via the Operations Center. Instead, log onto your PMDG account and download the full installer. After you've uninstalled the old version and installed the new one (which will give you the option of installing to v4), run the Operations Center. It will prompt you to install any updates that were not included in the full installer.

Walter Meier

I'm going to install P3Dv4, have just downloaded the new installer for 777LRF and now I have a question. Is it possible to use the 777 on both versions (v3 and v4) simultanously, or to use the v4 version the v3 must be deactivated and uninstalled?

Best regards

Slawomir Lysy

There is a dual installer that will allow you to install into v3 and v4 at the same time.

\Robert Hamlich/