Terblanche

P3D4 Dynamic Lights and FPS drop

6 hours ago, Terblanche said:

Pilots Mesh (Ultimate version)

I bought DVD'ds from Pilots: FS GLOBAL ULTIMATE, NEXT GENERATION...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Peter Webber said:

I'm in Table View! Bloubergstrand.

Let's get together for a glass of wine ... I'm in Tamboerskloof. I'll DM you my detail.

8 hours ago, Terblanche said:

Do you have to buy it or will the FREE version do enough to make a difference?

I'm a bit lost with all the jargon and will not even know where to do what and why regarding 'thread scheduling' ... maybe you could post a summery of what to do. Please?

I use an affinity mask of 252 with a 4 core i7 with hyperthreading enabled. As for project lasso, it isn't needed, but it's just a way to squeeze out any remaining potential from your machine (the real trick is a proper affinity mask to be honest). Also, don't need to be an expert to use project lasso. I just use it so that the priority of p3d is set to high automatically (and also to make every other program run on logical cores 0-1). I also have categorized fsx/p3d as a high performance application so that Windows doesn't shut down cores while I'm flying (helping to eliminate stutters). You could also use project lasso to set up fsx/p3d's affinity mask (setting which cores it will run on), but this isn't necessary as you can also do it in the fsx.cfg. Hope this helps :), others above explained anything else that wasn't properly explained in my first post.

p.s. The free version is fine if you intend to use it on your home computer.

• Upvote 1

Terblanche,

I think it is highly likely the majority of simmers are having this issue with the current p3d v4.  Myself included.  My hope is that a hotfix or update from prepar3d/pmdg may cure this.  But yes, a huge drop in frames is something I am experiencing as well.  Good opportunity to practice malfunctioning landing light landings.  I fly in the real world and this is a great skill to have. :)