Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

747 Engine Glitch

Found this out while on push back just now. As I was starting number 3 and 4, it was at about 8 N1, and I accidentally moved my throttles up, and the engine spool up sounds happened, while on the gauges, it showed they never responded to my input. Also, I found out they also were making me move, even though the gauge in the cockpit showed the engines were still at 12 N1. So pretty interesting glitch. Running P3D v4.

Nick Hesler

24 minutes ago, NickFlightX said:

Found this out while on push back just now. As I was starting number 3 and 4, it was at about 8 N1, and I accidentally moved my throttles up, and the engine spool up sounds happened, while on the gauges, it showed they never responded to my input. Also, I found out they also were making me move, even though the gauge in the cockpit showed the engines were still at 12 N1. So pretty interesting glitch. Running P3D v4.

Sounds like FSUIPC or some other utility interacting with the sim. That, or you're attempting to use an old panel state in v4. Don't.

Kyle Rodgers

Its not just a one time thing, its every time. Even happened in FSX and before I had FSUIPC installed.

Nick Hesler

Which engines? Autostart? "while on the gauges, it showed they never responded"  Who never responded and what were the gauges indicating?  Are you saying you had thrust but no indication of thrust on the gauges? What happened next?  Sorry for the questions but I'm not over your shoulder watching and you have a very odd thing happening.  Can you reproduce the event?

Dan Downs KCRP

35 minutes ago, NickFlightX said:

Its not just a one time thing, its every time.

Not sure of the relevance here. This doesn't quite relate to anything I stated. If anything, this would be a given for the items I stated, unless you're changing configs.

35 minutes ago, NickFlightX said:

Even happened in FSX and before I had FSUIPC installed.

This would be more relevant.

I'm still not quite following what you're getting at, fully. If your engines are starting up, it would make sense that they would be spooling up as part of that process.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Which engines? Autostart? "while on the gauges, it showed they never responded"  Who never responded and what were the gauges indicating?  Are you saying you had thrust but no indication of thrust on the gauges? What happened next?  Sorry for the questions but I'm not over your shoulder watching and you have a very odd thing happening.  Can you reproduce the event?

47 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure of the relevance here. This doesn't quite relate to anything I stated. If anything, this would be a given for the items I stated, unless you're changing configs.

This would be more relevant.

I'm still not quite following what you're getting at, fully. If your engines are starting up, it would make sense that they would be spooling up as part of that process.

It can happen to any engine. During the start up phase, the engines sounds have gone through the start up sounds, and they sound like they are at idle, but the engines are still spooling up on the gauge, they are around 8 N1. I can then increase my throttles, the engines sounds will go up, and thrust will be produced, but the engine gauge does not move up with the throttle and the engines dont spin faster when I do it. Its like they get out of sync. Here's a quick video I made of it.

Nick Hesler

5 minutes ago, NickFlightX said:

It can happen to any engine. During the start up phase, the engines sounds have gone through the start up sounds, and they sound like they are at idle, but the engines are still spooling up on the gauge, they are around 8 N1. I can then increase my throttles, the engines sounds will go up, and thrust will be produced, but the engine gauge does not move up with the throttle and the engines dont spin faster when I do it. Its like they get out of sync. Here's a quick video I made of it.

Submit a ticket, please. Link to the video.

Side note: you may want to have a review of start procedures. You're treating the plane like it has autostart. It does not, which is why you're seeing a very slow start.

Kyle Rodgers

You're treating the plane like it has autostart. It does not, which is why you're seeing a very slow start.

Don't feel bad, Nick, Some Thai Airways pilots started their 744 engines like you did and destroyed 3 engines (in real life). They thought Autostart was activated, too.

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)