Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

TFDI 717

3 hours ago, vhufo said:

Was just about to pull the trigger on this bird until i read about an issue whereby the left MFD's blank out around 45 minutes into the flight. 

Has this been resolved?

Has never happened to me and I have 15 hours on the 717 since P3Dv4 was released

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

6 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

There are still a few issues with it, the biggest for me is prof descent doesn't follow speed constraints. 

Indeed, that`s the biggest issue for me as well. Have to use the overly aggressive speedbrake far too much. 

Other than, a lot has been improved in the latest version. 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Ok, thought the issue was. more widespread.

Time to give the bank account another hiding then.

I love the plane but I have one gripe. I hate the idea of not being able to save the flight in case of a crash, which seems to happen in increasing frequency. Nothing's more frustrating than have a CTD on descent and not being able to pick up from there after a restart. If they implemented that, I'd be flying the plane every time I fire up P3D like I do the PMDG NGX/777 and Aerosoft Airbus.

1 hour ago, chiefnwa said:

I love the plane but I have one gripe. I hate the idea of not being able to save the flight in case of a crash, which seems to happen in increasing frequency. Nothing's more frustrating than have a CTD on descent and not being able to pick up from there after a restart. If they implemented that, I'd be flying the plane every time I fire up P3D like I do the PMDG NGX/777 and Aerosoft Airbus.

isnt  there  a  option like  fsx  where  you  could  save  your  flight

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

16 hours ago, 757FO said:

one thing worth noting is that both weather radar and terrain do not work yet in P3DV4, but they are working on it 

John

That's why it's parked local here at the virtual hangar :blink:

André

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

isnt  there  a  option like  fsx  where  you  could  save  your  flight

Yes there is, it works perfectly for me.  The 717 allows for complete panel state saves.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

2 hours ago, awf said:

That's why it's parked local here at the virtual hangar :blink:

yes same here Andre, and it looks like the latest beta doesnt show weather or terrain on P3D V3 as well.. bummer :(

15 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Yes there is, it works perfectly for me.  The 717 allows for complete panel state saves.

Interesting, I just flew it again two weeks ago. Saved the flight halfway between SLC and YVR which ended up crashing a little later. When I returned I had no flight plan and the panel state wasn't saved. 

On 6/22/2017 at 8:22 AM, chiefnwa said:

Interesting, I just flew it again two weeks ago. Saved the flight halfway between SLC and YVR which ended up crashing a little later. When I returned I had no flight plan and the panel state wasn't saved. 

Tried two things last night. Loaded up a flight and input a flight plan, saved the flight then exited the sim. When I reloaded the sim and flight I was in cold and dark. I also tried just saving and exiting the scenario then reloading and got the same thing. I have persistence on for all liveries as well.

I keep forgetting to post to TFDI's forum since it's blocked here at work, I'll try to remind myself at home tonight. As it stands now, the plane is parked in the hangar until I can get this figured out. 

4 minutes ago, chiefnwa said:

Tried two things last night. Loaded up a flight and input a flight plan, saved the flight then exited the sim. When I reloaded the sim and flight I was in cold and dark. I also tried just saving and exiting the scenario then reloading and got the same thing. I have persistence on for all liveries as well.

I keep forgetting to post to TFDI's forum since it's blocked here at work, I'll try to remind myself at home tonight. As it stands now, the plane is parked in the hangar until I can get this figured out. 

In the TFDi Addon Manager, go to settings and verify that persistence is set to on, and unique for all liveries. This way if you setup the FMS, and close the sim, when you reload it will be just like you left it. Give that a try. 

On 6/21/2017 at 4:25 PM, Pilot53 said:

6 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

In the TFDi Addon Manager, go to settings and verify that persistence is set to on, and unique for all liveries. This way if you setup the FMS, and close the sim, when you reload it will be just like you left it. Give that a try. 

I verified last night that it was on.