Sign in to follow this  
C525B

Exterior shadow issues

Anyone else seeing erroneous shadows on the exterior model?  I see this mostly with a low sun angle, i.e. sunset/sunrise.  I use FSX and it happens in both DX9 mode and DX10 w/ SteveFX fixes.

Trying to collect some more information on this to report to Carenado.  I was seeing some of the same stuff with the Cheyenne but it was very limited...and that is not the case here.  These blobs are huge!  Notice that they always occur on what should be the "sunny side" of the fuselage.

The shadow on the nose is the one I usually see.  Also notice that the engine casts a shadow, but the horizontal stabilizer does not:

P1A_shadow1.jpg?raw=1

P1A_shadow2.jpg?raw=1

This one was a bit of a fluke...appeared while I was moving the camera around:

P1A_shadow3.jpg?raw=1

Wow, kinda hard to miss something like that.  Looks like a new type of camo. :cool:

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, raymar said:

Wow, kinda hard to miss something like that.  Looks like a new type of camo. :cool:

Regards,

Ray

Kinda gives me an idea for another repaint...

9 minutes ago, dfeldman said:

Yes I am seeing this as well!

Dave.

Thanks, Dave...are you using FSX as well?

2 hours ago, dfeldman said:

Yes FSX - DX10.

Dave.

Did some searching.  Try this:

-Download the RADitor utility here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=RADItor

-Use it to read the "premiere.MDL" in the model folder of the version you use (standard/lite) -- make a backup of the file first, though...duh

-Set the radius to 8.  No need to adjust other parameters.

-Load FSX and check it out.

32 minutes ago, C525B said:

Did some searching.  Try this:

-Download the RADitor utility here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=RADItor

-Use it to read the "premiere.MDL" in the model folder of the version you use (standard/lite) -- make a backup of the file first, though...duh

-Set the radius to 8.  No need to adjust other parameters.

-Load FSX and check it out.

Pure Gold! All fixed. Thank you very much! 

Regards Dave.

1 hour ago, dfeldman said:

Pure Gold! All fixed. Thank you very much!

Yeah man.  Pretty happy about that.  I have some other airplanes (Carenado C90B & B200 for instance) that have the opposite problem: self-shadows disappearing.  RADiator is the fix for that too!