Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

V4 resolution

Has anyone experimented with different screen resolutions?  I get no frame drop at all going from 1440p to 4K.  Anyone else have the same results? 

Matt Wilson

Why should you? P3Dv4 is still mostly CPU limited, so if your CPU is not capable of offering more than 30 FPS for example, you can change the resolution in whatever way you want, you will always have around those 30 FPS. Unless you go so high up with your resolution until it starts to be limited by the GPU. If you have a decent GPU, I guess this will not happen until you are beyond 4K.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

7 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Has anyone experimented with different screen resolutions?  I get no frame drop at all going from 1440p to 4K.  Anyone else have the same results? 

Anyone that have graphics settings and a graphics card that can handle those settings at 4K without hitting 100% GPU load will have the same results.

Without knowing your graphics settings and your graphics card, there is not enough information to compare your results with the results of others.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AnkH said:

Why should you? P3Dv4 is still mostly CPU limited, so if your CPU is not capable of offering more than 30 FPS for example, you can change the resolution in whatever way you want, you will always have around those 30 FPS. Unless you go so high up with your resolution until it starts to be limited by the GPU. If you have a decent GPU, I guess this will not happen until you are beyond 4K.

Just plain wrong.

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Then explain it "plain right". I am pretty sure that the FPS are not heavily influenced as long as you operate in a CPU limit. But well, prove otherwise please...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Well I do have a huge loss in fps when using DSR 2x combined with 8MSAA. But I guess it's because of dynamic lighting.
In V3 it was perfectly fine. Since my display only has a HD resolution the DSR option was/is a good compromise to have a higher resolution.

On 21. 6. 2017 at 9:37 AM, AnkH said:

If you have a decent GPU, I guess this will not happen until you are beyond 4K.

v4 will tax single GTX1080Ti/TitanXp on 4k very easily - far away from maxed out graphics settings.