Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUN17] Micro Update pushed for Prepar3D 777-200LRF users

Something is clearly wrong with the OC and its update function: I pushed 'install' and everything looked normal. But if you check the version number of 777, it is still the old version number as compared to 'available version'. When I restart OC, the same Update notification comes up. It does not work. This is with V3 and German IP address.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

3 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Something is clearly wrong with the OC and its update function: I pushed 'install' and everything looked normal. But if you check the version number of 777, it is still the old version number as compared to 'available version'. When I restart OC, the same Update notification comes up. It does not work. This is with V3 and German IP address.

Sounds pretty weird... I have never had problems with the Operations Center.

On a side note - Please don't state the problems you're experiencing with the Operations Center, as a generalization. Just because you experience problems, doesn't necessary means that the Operations Center is at fault. In this case, the problems most likely lies with the Operations Center in conjunction with some other factor. If it was a general fault, everybody would be experiencing, that they couldn't download or update using the Operations Center - which is clearly not the case.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Sure, but if you look around in the forum there were/are problems with the Amazon cloud servers affecting at least German PMDG customers.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

3 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Sure, but if you look around in the forum there were/are problems with the Amazon cloud servers affecting at least German PMDG customers.

That's not something PMDG have control over or can fix, and people repeatedly nagging PMDG over it isn't going to fix it.

47 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

At least some german customers, yes. I seriously doubt everybody from Germany is affected.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Gents,

We really haven't succeeded in getting any answers from Amazon AWS support that adequately explain what is going on with their cloud distribution in Germany (at least the non-Bavarian parts! :biggrin:)

They have indicated that a "minor disruption" created latency that may have affected some aspects of the distribution.  To our end, I have just flushed the entire global cache so that it will (in theory) force the non-Bavarian Germany locations to re-connect and grab latest from the original source server.

I hope this will resolve the issue of not seeing the latest version number for those affected in Germany.

Let us know!

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

I hope this will resolve the issue of not seeing the latest version number for those affected in Germany.

It is now working. I just received the notification when opening the OC and was able to successfully update the 777 in P3Dv4. And I live in the non-Bavarian part of Germany (EDDF to be precise).

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

7 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

The thing that is "clearly wrong," as you're claiming, is that the update function is behaving properly. It's not getting the correct data and dumping the update because the files did not download properly. If it were to attempt to update the version number, and copy those files into your sim, the result would be that you couldn't try the update again, one, and two, you'd have a corrupted install and have to reinstall using the full installer. This is clearly shown in the update window that pops up, and it's also in the logs (though the latter are not easily found without guidance, but would be the first place we'd point you to).

So, sorry for setting it up to compensate for your own AV and connection issues to help you avoid having to wait for an entirely new installer to download, and then have to uninstall reinstall.

Perhaps, instead of pointing fingers and claiming things aren't working, it would be better to ask for help understanding why, and determining what's wrong.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for that update, Robert. I will test as soon as I get home and post my results here. I'm pretty close to Carlos Kraemer from the post above Kyle's there (I'm near EDDK), so I have hopes that it will work for me too.

Have a great weekend!

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Perhaps, instead of pointing fingers and claiming things aren't working, it would be better to ask for help understanding why, and determining what's wrong.

Sorry for sounding harsh. That was not my intention with my previous post. I just wanted to point out that there are update problems on my system using the OC update function for the 777 micro-update. Later I learned that also other (German or non-bavarian :-) ) users suffered from the same problem. When I tried to update,  I did not even know that the misbehaviour results from a problem with a third party cloud server.

Anyway, I will try again when I am back home from work, and hopefully I will have the same smile as Carlo then.

Regards,

Chris

--

7 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Let us know!

Yup. This did it.

As promised, reporting success from EDDK! Many thanks!

loading P3Dv4

now it also worked here   - :biggrin:

Regards,

Chris

--

13 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

We really haven't succeeded in getting any answers from Amazon AWS support that adequately explain what is going on with their cloud distribution in Germany (at least the non-Bavarian parts! :biggrin:)

Dunno... Have you considered using better cloud providers? *cough*google*cough*