Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUN17] Micro Update pushed for Prepar3D 777-200LRF users

Could it be that the micro update fails if the P3D version (V3.4) is not current? If somebody still runs P3DV3.2 or 3.3, this could be a problem as the latest full installer does not accept these versions.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Still can't update. I'm situated in Denmark.

Regards,

Dan Rasmussen

Dan Rasmussen

Nor is it working on either the 777 or 747 and I'm in New Mexico, far from Germany.  I've tried everything posited on here and in other threads: deleting and updating the Operations Center folder, uninstalling and installing a fresh download, the TLS trick.  Nothing works, AV on or off. 

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, Bob_Z said:

Nor is it working on either the 777 or 747 and I'm in New Mexico, far from Germany.  I've tried everything posited on here and in other threads: deleting and updating the Operations Center folder, uninstalling and installing a fresh download, the TLS trick.  Nothing works, AV on or off. 

Bob,

You have an issue that is unrelated to the issues being described here.

OK.  Others have reported the same issue in other threads.  What I have reported here are the answers given in those threads, i.e ot seemed to have been a problem with Amazon servers, especially in Germany.  If there isn't an answer here, I will try to find someone who might have an answer.  Thanks for your help.

Bob Zolto

Gents, this morning I tried to update the 777 via the OC. I have done numerous updates via this way without any issues. In fact I saw I had an an update for the 747 and updated that one first without issue. So then I clicked to update the 777. I could see it would start and then disappear. Closing and reopening the OC would show that I still needed to update. So clearly the update was not working Bua the OC.  

Now I am still on P3D v3.4 The previous update that pmdg put out which required you to uninstall the 777 to get it to work in P3D v4, I did not do due to not yet being on that platform. So I skipped that one. So this morning I uninstalled the 777-200 and grabbed the full installer from the PMDG website and installed it. I then went to to the OC and I saw I needed the update that previously did not work. I clicked on it and now it worked and updated it properly. So I am assuming, even though I am still on P3D v3.4, you still need to have that one I mentioned above that I had originally skipped. 

The only thing that sucks? Now I can't use my Virtual Avionics 777 CDU. Even though I am not on P3Dv4 I guess this update breaks compatibility with with it until they update their software to work with P3Dv4. Weird.... 

As an aside, I was able to download the latest micro update via the OC for the 747 and I skipped the previous one that required you to uninstall to get it to work in v4. 

Eric 

Really enjoying the updated ground friction model. What else can we still expect from the 747 to be added to the 777? Any chance to add the weather / turbulence effects (shaking, rattling etc), is it planned?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Update:

I havent been able to update through OC since I switched to P3D v4. I tried everything that been posted from deleting files, turning off AV, using proxy to change my location, reinstalling everything. As late as last night I've reinstalled both 747 and 777 and tested updating them without success.....This morning the 747 update got installed without any problem but the 777 still gives the "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error (same as I had on the 747 update last night) and the only thing that changed since the last try that I slept 5 hours.

So 50% success....whatever happened to the 747 update hopefully gonna happen to the 777, too.....sooner or later.

Erik "Ernom" Toth

22 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Bob,

You have an issue that is unrelated to the issues being described here.

Not really, the updates didn't work.  In any event, I discovered that the problem was my Trend Micro AV deleting the update files without any notification. Sinceitwas just about time to renew I switched AVs to Bitdefender and the updates went through seamlessly without disabling the AV. 

Bob Zolto

8 hours ago, Bob_Z said:

Not really, the updates didn't work.  In any event, I discovered that the problem was my Trend Micro AV deleting the update files without any notification. Sinceitwas just about time to renew I switched AVs to Bitdefender and the updates went through seamlessly without disabling the AV. 

The problem here is to do with servers, yours is to do with corrupted programs due to AV. In your other post you claimed that AV was fully turned off and was not a factor, yet seems it was. It makes life a lot more difficult for people trying to help you when you don't give people the complete picture. I could have told you in an instant it was AV had you not told us it was off.

I'm so sorry I was not able to instantly avail myself of your knowledge. 

Bob Zolto

Hello friends:

I have been a PMDG user and their products for years. Sorry for my ignorance that you are referring to the center of operations. How to access it. Thank you

6 minutes ago, jornov1 said:

Hello friends:

I have been a PMDG user and their products for years. Sorry for my ignorance that you are referring to the center of operations. How to access it. Thank you

What products do you have?

Forum rules state you need to sign all posts with your full name.

I have license for PMDG 737 and 777 for FSX and Prepar3d. Now installe the 737 in v3, and 777 in v4.

I see indications for getting new liveryes at Pmdg Simulation / Pmdg Operation Center in the PMDG start menu. I'm lost, where is this?

Thank you

Sorry my name is Jorge Novelo

2 hours ago, jornov said:

I have license for PMDG 737 and 777 for FSX and Prepar3d. Now installe the 737 in v3, and 777 in v4.

I see indications for getting new liveryes at Pmdg Simulation / Pmdg Operation Center in the PMDG start menu. I'm lost, where is this?

Thank you

Sorry my name is Jorge Novelo

If you go to your start menu, all programs and there should be a PMDG folder with the PMDG operations centre in there.