Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Ops Centre won't Update

Hi Mods, Robert, and any other competent computer person.

PMDG has issued a micro-update for T7 available via the Ops Centre for P3Dv4

My Ops Centre works well except for actioning any of the notifications.   A message appears everytime to tell me that in Appdata\\\\\\the file is corrupted.

Your guidance would be appreciated or do I have to completely reinstall T7 to get a functioning Ops Centre.

Try re-running the T7 installer with the " repair " option , otherwise loose the few minutes needed to completely reinstall ... it is usually more efficient than trying to fix a single corrupted file.

Good luck

5 hours ago, Ian McPhail said:

Your guidance would be appreciated or do I have to completely reinstall T7 to get a functioning Ops Centre.

Go into your Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\ folder and delete everything EXCEPT the Operations Center Updater.exe. Then run the Updater.exe, and then run the OC. That should fix the issue.

Run the updater as an administrator.

Kyle Rodgers

20 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Go into your Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\ folder and delete everything EXCEPT the Operations Center Updater.exe. Then run the Updater.exe, and then run the OC. That should fix the issue.

Had the same problem. Tried your suggestion. Nope. Still no update notification.

Could this be related to the recent problems with the update of the OPS center on the german server node?

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Had the same problem. Tried your suggestion. Nope. Still no update notification.

Could this be related to the recent problems with the update of the OPS center on the german server node?

Sounds like it. If you have access to a tunnel/proxy, try connecting to a tunnel/proxy in another country, such as the US, Canada, or the UK.

Kyle Rodgers

i have the same issues... tried repair ot T7 install... deleted the OC files except the updater

still no joy... does anybody has a hint for me?

thanks in advance

p.s.: virus scanner & win firewall are deactivated + OC ran in admin

Edited by Wolfgang Lang
p.s.

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

Same here. I've tried everything I could find on this forum. Deleting file, turning off anti-virus, repair, proxy to US IP....no succes. :(

I had the same issue with 747 but then the updated installer got released.

Erik "Ernom" Toth

On 21.6.2017 at 2:37 PM, scandinavian13 said:

I have done this, but if I press 'install' for P3DV3 777 in the notification window of the OC, a dos windows opens and then the notification disappears. When I check the version number of the 777 however, it still states the old version number. It has not updated to the available version.  If I restart OC, the same update notification comes again. It has not been applied.

Guess the only solution is to download the full installer?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I had all manner of problems with the Operations Center on a clean install on a new hard drive. Had to copy the OC directory out of the C drive (boot drive) to another drive, run the OC with admin rights which updated itself, and then copied it back to the C drive, finally managed to get it to install and update itself, but would not update the aircraft, finally fixed after I contacted PMDG, they suggested ....

1. Go to Control Panel/Internet Options, then the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the very bottom of the list of settings.

2. Ensure that Use TLS 1.2 is selected on (which was), and all the others are selected OFF.

I deselected the others, and it connected and worked. Not saying it will work for everyone, but worked for me.

Andy Marrs

i don't understand this, but like Andy Marrs suggested I disable all TLS except TLS 1.2 and after restarting the PC the update for V3 went through... V4 told me an error but now OC tells me that V3 + V4 versions are upd2date

is this meant to be, that after updating one P3D version that all are updated?

about TLS i never heard before, but I am a long time win user and not really a newbie on this

seems i am a bit confused now :(

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

51 minutes ago, Wolfgang Lang said:

I believe so. I know with the FSX version, if you did the update in one, it updated all the files, then copied said files over to FSX Steam, thereby updating both. I assume it's the same idea here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

48 minutes ago, Wolfgang Lang said:

One way to look at it is that there is only one product.

Dan Downs KCRP

If anyone still has this issue, see my reply via the link below. Had exactly the same issue and fixed it. 

Eric 

Sorry to reopen an old topic, but I am struggling with having no Operation Manager after installation, only the OpsCenterUpdater in my Programfiles folder. Even so, the OpsCenterUpdater just says "connecting to server" before quitting with no messages.

This is for the PMDg 747 in P3D v4. I have tried reinstalling several times with no luck. The only thing present is the updater, no operation center/livery manager.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

14 minutes ago, Fi5kuS said:

Sorry to reopen an old topic, but I am struggling with having no Operation Manager after installation, only the OpsCenterUpdater in my Programfiles folder. Even so, the OpsCenterUpdater just says "connecting to server" before quitting with no messages.

This is for the PMDg 747 in P3D v4. I have tried reinstalling several times with no luck. The only thing present is the updater, no operation center/livery manager.

Sounds like an antivirus is deleting the rest of the files. Disable antivirus completely and rerun the updater as admin. Make sure you've excluded that folder from scanning in your AV