Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

What is the latest version of the 777 for P3Dv4?

This is definitely related to the earlier issue of the file error. Amazon's servers over there must be lagging behind slightly. Looks like that one .dat file replicated over in the last 24 hours or so. The version file is probably still not updated over there.

Any one of you have access to a tunnel service? Try tunneling into a different country to see if you get a different result, if you don't mind.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello there,

I'm also from germany and had the same issue. By opening the URL that the Operation Center is using for checking for product updates, in Firefox debug mode (F12 Key) and setting the "Cache-Control: no-cache" header manually, seemed to have solved my issue with the download. The next time I loaded up the OP Center the new 777-Update was found. The "Cache-Control: no-cache" HTTP-Header most probably forced the cloudfront server to update its cache.

39rei3w2.png

Just as a matter of interest - I get the V3 and V4 notifications of updates but when I go to download them I immediately get a message "PMDG_Updater_77L_P3D.exe has stopped working  ............."  I've deleted the files as previously recommended and done everything with admin rights and with anti-virus turned off but to no avail.  I've submitted a ticket.  Will await the outcome.

Bruce Ross

Bruce Ross

7 hours ago, Chri said:

The "Cache-Control: no-cache" HTTP-Header most probably forced the cloudfront server to update its cache.

What do you mean by that? How can you 'force' an external Amazon Cloudserver to update it's cache?!
I'm fairly certain, that he no-cache option in the header, related to you own browser and/or computer.

Or am I completely missing something?! :blink:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The cache control header can be used in both directions - request and response, see https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Cache-Control

Of course the cache server itself can have the ability to just ignore this header, but to my own surprise it did work for me. (Or all of this was a big coincidence) I had been a proxy administator myself for many years in a corporate network and had to do with this stuff on a regular basis. So I thought it was worth a try.

48 minutes ago, Chri said:

The cache control header can be used in both directions - request and response, see https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Cache-Control

Of course the cache server itself can have the ability to just ignore this header, but to my own surprise it did work for me. (Or all of this was a big coincidence) I had been a proxy administator myself for many years in a corporate network and had to do with this stuff on a regular basis. So I thought it was worth a try.

Interesting... Thanks for the explanation. :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

If you removed the cache on the Amazon Cloud server - then that would mean, that the issue would be solved for everybody else?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

7 hours ago, Meeko said:

I've deleted the files as previously recommended and done everything with admin rights and with anti-virus turned off but to no avail.

This is - I'm 90% sure - going to end up being interference of some sort. Admin rights is one thing, but it shouldn't cause it to not work. I know you said you turned your AV off, but what AV are you using?

Kyle Rodgers

8 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This is - I'm 90% sure - going to end up being interference of some sort. Admin rights is one thing, but it shouldn't cause it to not work. I know you said you turned your AV off, but what AV are you using?

I'm not using AV. So that can't be the root cause. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

15 hours ago, Chri said:

Hello there,

I'm also from germany and had the same issue. By opening the URL that the Operation Center is using for checking for product updates, in Firefox debug mode (F12 Key) and setting the "Cache-Control: no-cache" header manually, seemed to have solved my issue with the download. The next time I loaded up the OP Center the new 777-Update was found. The "Cache-Control: no-cache" HTTP-Header most probably forced the cloudfront server to update its cache.

39rei3w2.png

Glückspilz ^^

I'm getting a 403 - forbidden... 

24 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

I'm not using AV. So that can't be the root cause. 

My response to Bruce would only be relevant to you if you were having the same issue. Are you now reporting that you're getting an error that the updater has stopped working, or are you still not even seeing the update? These are entirely separate issues, which is why I quoted his post, and not any of yours.

Clarify, please.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

My response to Bruce would only be relevant to you if you were having the same issue. Are you now reporting that you're getting an error that the updater has stopped working, or are you still not even seeing the update? These are entirely separate issues, which is why I quoted his post, and not any of yours.

Clarify, please.

My issue is still that I'm not seeing the update. Sorry, but it's confusing if other problems are discussed in a thread that was dealing with the issue of not seeing the update. Don't you think?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

7 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

My issue is still that I'm not seeing the update. Sorry, but it's confusing if other problems are discussed in a thread that was dealing with the issue of not seeing the update. Don't you think?

Sure, but I'm not going to just ignore someone's additional commentary about the update process. I quoted him specifically, so one would naturally assume that it was a response to him and him alone.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

i'm from germany too,

have the same issue, can't see the update!

any solution?

Best regards,

Harald Fuhr

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Glückspilz ^^

I'm getting a 403 - forbidden... 

Another idea for a quick (and very dirty(!) workaround):

• Goto http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://downloads.pmdg.com
  • Copy the IP under Network. This is an IP from a cloudfront server which is most probably not located in germany. For me this is 54.192.29.41 at the moment
  • Start Notepad with admin rights
  • Open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
  • Insert a new line with [IP-Adress]    downloads.pmdg.com
    ie: 54.192.29.41    downloads.pmdg.com
  • Save the file
  • Restart the PMDG OP Center and check.
  • Important: Remove the Line from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts again!