Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

What is the latest version of the 777 for P3Dv4?

1 minute ago, Chri said:

Important: Remove the Line from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts again!

haha - I was just about to add this as my own comment as I was reading through your post, and then got to the end and saw you'd already taken care of it.

Good idea for a workaround, and thanks for making sure to remind people to clean the file up afterwards!

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, Chri said:

Another idea for a quick (and very dirty(!) workaround):

• Goto http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://downloads.pmdg.com
  • Copy the IP under Network. This is an IP from a cloudfront server which is most probably not located in germany. For me this is 54.192.29.41 at the moment
  • Start Notepad with admin rights
  • Open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
  • Insert a new line with [IP-Adress]    downloads.pmdg.com
    ie: 54.192.29.41    downloads.pmdg.com
  • Save the file
  • Restart the PMDG OP Center and check.
  • Important: Remove the Line from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts again!

Whatever this is :blink:... it worked for me! Thanks !!!

jep, I cleaned it up.. Notepad didn't even show the etc-folder.. xD

Kyle,

your reaction won't make me feel better :laugh:

Hello Kyle - I don't mean to hijack this thread.  My previous comment was merely to indicate I was having problems with the update as well, albeit a different problem.  Having said that, in answer to your question, I have Norton 360 installed.   

I heard back from support after entering a ticket.  Unfortunately their reply was to un-install the files etc and run the installer with admin rights.  I had told them I had already done that so their answer was not particularly helpful. I hoping they may come back with something else.

Regards

Bruce Ross

Bruce Ross

4 minutes ago, Meeko said:

I have Norton 360 installed.

After decades of being a loyal Norton customer, I dump it after much frustration with its propensity to move things like operations center to quarantine without even a note, even when these modules were listed as safe.  You heard from Norton support? Wow, they never responded to my complaints.  I'm using Windows Defender now for several years without major problem.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

No No.  Support/ticket I mean PMDG support.  Yes, I'm starting to think I should change AV.

Bruce Ross

I am having the same problem as Meeko.  When I try to install the update from the Ops Center I get an error saying the ...PMDG _Updater_77L__P3d.exe is corrupt or unreadable.  Uninstalled the aircraft and re-installed, no joy,  Deleted the files in the Ops Center, again no joy.  All was done as administrator with AV turned off.

Actually, I think this would be better as a new thread.

Bob Zolto

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well I'll be ............. a few moments ago I opened up the OC and clicked on the two 777 updates expecting to get the error message again.  But no, they installed.  Either my computer is playing ball now or PMDG have done something with the update installers. 

Bob Z, thanks for the support.

Bruce Ross