Sign in to follow this  
burnsielad

Help installing ORBX scenery into P3D v4 on new SSD

Hi

I have just installed a new additional 500gb SSD (F:) and have installed P3D v4 on to it.  I already have FSX as well as my operating system installed on my C drive 250gb SSD with all my addons for FSX.  I have run out of space on the c drive hence the new SSD and upgrade to P3D.  When I load up FTX central, it gives me the option of which simulator I wish to use. I have started to install my ORBX sceneries to P3D on the new drive but ORBX appears to be installing them on the C drive which have very little space left.  The installation works fine otherwise.  Can anybody help me to direct ORBX to install on the new drive which P3D is on? 

Many thanks

Phil

Phil, I am also managing a space budget on c:\ where I have both P3Dv3 and v4 installed.  My approach was to move all addon sceneries to my d:\ drive but I allowed Orbx to install to P3Dv4.  Because Orbx modifies so many of the simulators files, such as textures and landclasses, I felt it best to let it do it's thing.  Moving the addon scenery will save at least 40GB and counting.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 minutes ago, downscc said:

Phil, I am also managing a space budget on c:\ where I have both P3Dv3 and v4 installed.  My approach was to move all addon sceneries to my d:\ drive but I allowed Orbx to install to P3Dv4.  Because Orbx modifies so many of the simulators files, such as textures and landclasses, I felt it best to let it do it's thing.  Moving the addon scenery will save at least 40GB and counting.

Thanks Dan, I think that might be a good option. 

14 hours ago, Dougal said:

I often ask for help on multiple forums - why not?

Redundancies litter forums. It makes them less easy to navigate.

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

Redundancies litter forums. It makes them less easy to navigate.

But asking in DIFFERENT forums doesn't hurt anyone ;-)

• Upvote 1