Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

How to import a PFPX plan?

I just learned how to save a flight plan from PFPX to a folder.  But not sure if I saved it to the correct one.  I can post screenshots.

But try as I might I cannot find out how to import it into the CDU.

On the route page I see send but no import button as I've seen in somme YT's.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to import a flight plan into the CDU, what sequence of LSK's to use for this?

I have done the tutorial several times now and am slowly learning but now I'd like to try to import.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

9 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I just learned how to save a flight plan from PFPX to a folder.  But not sure if I saved it to the correct one.  I can post screenshots.

In PFPX, it offers a whole bunch of different options. In that flight plan window, at the top, it lists all of the generic locations, such as where it thinks FSX, P3D, X-Plane, and other locations are. Depending on the version of the 777 you are using, ensure that the sim path is set correctly at the top, and then tell it to export for the PMDG 777 in the list below. As long as it knows where the sim location is, it will be able to put the route file in the correct location.

So, if you are going to be exporting a flight plan for the P3D version of our 777, make sure the top of the flight plan export window properly lists where P3D is, and then find PMDG 777 in the list below and double click it.

11 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Can anyone enlighten me on how to import a flight plan into the CDU, what sequence of LSK's to use for this?

This is described in great detail, with pictures, in the Intro Manual. Please read it.

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

In PFPX, it offers a whole bunch of different options. In that flight plan window, at the top, it lists all of the generic locations, such as where it thinks FSX, P3D, X-Plane, and other locations are. Depending on the version of the 777 you are using, ensure that the sim path is set correctly at the top, and then tell it to export for the PMDG 777 in the list below. As long as it knows where the sim location is, it will be able to put the route file in the correct location.

So, if you are going to be exporting a flight plan for the P3D version of our 777, make sure the top of the flight plan export window properly lists where P3D is, and then find PMDG 777 in the list below and double click it.

This is described in great detail, with pictures, in the Intro Manual. Please read it.

Thanks Kyle, I will read it again but I don't have the 777 yet.  I only own the new 747 for P3Dv4.

I have the NGX for FSX but never use FSX anymore but will be buying it too when it's ready for V4.

Jack Sawyer

11 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Kyle, I will read it again but I don't have the 777 yet.  I only own the new 747 for P3Dv4.

I have the NGX for FSX but never use FSX anymore but will be buying it too when it's ready for V4.

Sorry Jack - forgot which section of the forum I was in. All the same as the above, but for the 744.

Actually...does PFPX support our newest 744 yet? I'm not sure.

If it doesn't, you can actually tell it to export to the 777's directory, or the generic PMDG location, and the 744 can load it (instructions with pics in the Intro Manual, and I say that because if I type them out without the pics, it won't make as much sense).

Kyle Rodgers

Apology accepted Kyle.  Please, I beg you, I'm a total newbie just trying to learn all this.  PFPX and the 747 are quite complicated.  I have watched people do this with ease in many YT's but it's not so easy for me to grasp it all yet.

The only thing I can do successfully is the tutorial.  And I have limited time too.

The people at Aerosoft at the PFPX forum, Mr. Stephen Cooke said it will work so I'm trying this now.

When I bought the NGX for FSX I also bought all the Airline 2 Sim videos which were very helpful and I really learned it but it's been a long time since then.

Jack Sawyer

Nope, PFPX doesn't list the PMDG 744 or P3Dv4.  I save the PFPX flightplan to P3Dv3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS and drag it over to the P3Dv4 744 flightplan folder. Takes 5 sec.

Dan Downs KCRP

7 minutes ago, downscc said:

Nope, PFPX doesn't list the PMDG 744 or P3Dv4.  I save the PFPX flightplan to P3Dv3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS and drag it over to the P3Dv4 744 flightplan folder. Takes 5 sec.

In PFPX I just clicked on P3D 777 then hit Browse as he directed me to.  Then I saved it to Z:\P3Dv4\PMDG\Flightplan.  When I run the 747 I can get it to import by typing in KBOSKEWR03 in COROUTE.  It worked.

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

I personally just export the route as rte format in the PMDG flight plan folder then type in origin airport on the route page of the CDU and send request. Then load the route that appears.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

On 21.06.2017 at 8:19 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

In PFPX I just clicked on P3D 777 then hit Browse as he directed me to.  Then I saved it to Z:\P3Dv4\PMDG\Flightplan.  When I run the 747 I can get it to import by typing in KBOSKEWR03 in COROUTE.  It worked.

So where is problem m8? what about export button in PFPX?

when u click "export"

vKqfH2E.png

u can add 747 flightplan  subfolder

SeCiecw.png

1 hour ago, _Patrol said:

u can add 747 flightplan  subfolder

Interesting.  My version only has PMDG NGX and 777, using 1.28.8.  New version available? Where?  According to forum latest hotfix is 1.28.8 dated January this year.

Dan Downs KCRP

7 minutes ago, downscc said:

Interesting.  My version only has PMDG NGX and 777, using 1.28.8.  New version available? Where?  According to forum latest hotfix is 1.28.8 dated January this year.

An update should not be far off Dan, 1.28.8 is current.

You can however setup the path yourself using one of the export options you do not currently use. Highlight the line and use the Browse function.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, srcooke said:

An update should not be far off Dan, 1.28.8 is current.

You can however setup the path yourself using one of the export options you do not currently use. Highlight the line and use the Browse function.

"Highlight the line and use the Browse function?"  There is no browse function for the options in the lower pane.  Only the upper pane has browsing and that selects the platform, not the addon such as PMDG B744v3.  It's not a problem, I just export to a PMDG addon selection that works and drag the rte file over to the B744 folder.

Dan Downs KCRP