Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Purge FMC of current active route?

Clear out the departure airport?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just now, Gregg_Seipp said:

Clear out the departure airport?

NO the entire route I entered into the FMC. I thought there was a purge option in the CDU?

spacer.png

Just enter a new departure and arrival. It should clear it out.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

NO the entire route I entered into the FMC. I thought there was a purge option in the CDU?

Sorry, thought that did it...seems like I saw it in a tutorial.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

3 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Just enter a new departure and arrival. It should clear it out.

You would think but it does not.

When I do that and then request a route load from my list the FMC says no routes available.

I could swear I saw a "purge" option on the route page in the past but dont see that now.

spacer.png

Don't have the sim open, but I believe that after you request a route you get the options to either load or purge that route (but obviously only if there's a route available).

Marc ter Heide

16 hours ago, Boomer said:

You would think but it does not.

When I do that and then request a route load from my list the FMC says no routes available.

I could swear I saw a "purge" option on the route page in the past but dont see that now.

Not sure if we're all on the same page here...

If you change the departure airport, the route will clear. This is a fact. Look at the route pages and you'll note that they're empty. The route request is then built by the DEP/ARR combination that you just set (you can also, as explained in the manual, simply set a departure field, and it will pull up all available routes for that departure field). If it is not pulling anything up, my bet is that your <simroot>\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder doesn't contain the route you're looking for - for that sim.

Might you have exported from PFPX, but it sent it to the wrong sim, or doesn't recognize the 744?

Kyle Rodgers

On 21/06/2017 at 9:09 PM, Boomer said:

Hi,

There is indeed a purge option on the rte page once you receive the route by data link but only before you activate the route.

Once the route is active the purge prompt on the RSK4 disappears.

Another way to clear the route is also to swap the nav database on the ground.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.