Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Do you recommend x plane? Addons?

I've been flying in p3d for a couple Of years now and recently tried xplane 11 demo and it feels much more realistic and it looks amazing. P3d looks good with addons but not as good as x plane. But The planes such as pmdg in p3d are well more modelled then in x plane. So are there any good Airlines for x plane? What do you think. Schould I jump over to Xplane and leave p3d. 

Why to you feel the need to "jump over and leave"..? I'll never understand this question when you can just have/use/enjoy both...

As a starter: Look for the modified default 737 (ZIBO mod), which has just gotten an additional sound upgrade. It's completely freeware and shows a little bit of what XP is capable of. In terms of payware aircraft, the FlightFactor 757 and 767 are pretty good and they have study-level A320 in the making. The best heavy metal aircraft is considered to be the IXEG 737-300 which is not yet fully compatible with XP11. There are also lots of good quality smaller aircraft and helicopters available if you are into that. I've switched from FSX to XP a couple of months ago and never looked back. I can only encourage you to dig deeper into it!

24 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Why to you feel the need to "jump over and leave"..? I'll never understand this question when you can just have/use/enjoy both...

Precisely.

I use both. I like one more than the other. But, that's just my preferences. Kinda like children; you can't help which one you like better.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Probably want to check out the Flight Factor website and the JarDesign one too for decent airliners in XPlane. Their airliners are every bit as good as stuff you can get for P3D and FSX. Links below:

http://flightfactor.aero/

http://jardesign.org/

Be aware that (as with P3D V4 at the moment too ironically, but not with V3 or FSX etc), whilst XPlane has much to recommend it (such as way better lighting and vastly better runway contour modeling, and of course shiny airliners such as that Flight Factors A350), there are some things it lacks considerably in comparison to ESP-based sims such as P3D and FSX, and those things which are lacking are: comparable ATC, complex weather generation, and complex flight planning. There are some add-ons you can get for XPlane which address this to a degree, but these in no way compare to what is available for ESP-based sims.

The JAR Design website has a few things you should definitely consider which improve ATC a bit and certainly improve AI aeroplanes (some free, some payware) and if you do a search on Google, Goodway is worth a look as a nice flight planner (although it has one or two limitations). Weather-wise, there are some add-ons supposedly on the way, but nothing is likely to blow your skirt up at the moment compared to Active Sky etc which you can get for those ESP sims.

Enjoy XPlane and P3D (and FSX) for what each offers, because, none of them are the 'ultimate' sim, they all have their plus points.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Pilot2ATC works with both X-Plane and P3D so you get two for one.

NAX669.png

IXEG 737 period. The best addon on the planet for X-Plane. For X-Plane 11 a release has been planned, but you can get it to work quite nicely with planemaker, a free tool included in X-Plane.

Indeed, Chock, agreed.

I have P3D,  P4D, X-Plane 10 and 11. I will eventually port over to just P4D and X-Plane 11 when everything settles down.

Two is always better than one.

If there was a perfect sim, we'd all be using it.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Right now I have p3d v3.4 and thinking Of upgrading to v4 Of x plane 11. Can't afford booth Of them now. But I don't know whitch Of them. I like The flight dynamics in x plane and The lighting and scenery are very good without tons Of addons. But, I want a good Boeing like pmdg and x plane doesen't have that. Just good Airbus simulation. 

So can you improve The flight dynamics in p3d or do you know any good Boeing 777 and 737 for x plane 11 that's very modelled and looks good like pmdg. Flightfactors 777 isn't look that good to my eyes. 

And how is peformence in xplane 

51 minutes ago, Albin said:

Flightfactors 777 isn't look that good to my eyes.

FlightFactor 777 will likely will be updated to V2 in the future (don't know when though). Until then their 757 and 767 are way better.

52 minutes ago, Albin said:

So can you improve The flight dynamics in p3d

lol, they probably haven't been touched by Lockheed Martin ever since they got the code

52 minutes ago, Albin said:

And how is peformence in xplane

Very good. You can achieve 30fps way more easily and consistenly than in FSX/P3D. They are also working on improving performance significantly in the future for VR support.

How is The defualt Boeing in X plane?

Is it any near pmdg level. 

And The Airbus from Jar designs? How is it compared to a pmdg aircraft 

49 minutes ago, Albin said:

How is The defualt Boeing in X plane?

Is it any near pmdg level. 

And The Airbus from Jar designs? How is it compared to a pmdg aircraft 

Default Boeing is a default Boeing, of course it's not anywhere close to PMDG. With the free Zibo mod it gets a lot better, but of course a 0$ plane cannot compete with a 150$ addon.

The JAR Airbusses are supposed to be rather mediocre, they are visually well modelled, but lack in systems. You should wait for the FF 320 that is going to be a study level, if you're into that.

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, domae001 said:

Default Boeing is a default Boeing, of course it's not anywhere close to PMDG. With the free Zibo mod it gets a lot better, but of course a 0$ plane cannot compete with a 150$ addon.

The JAR Airbusses are supposed to be rather mediocre, they are visually well modelled, but lack in systems. You should wait for the FF 320 that is going to be a study level, if you're into that.

You're welcome.

Then I think p3d is a better choice for me. 

5 minutes ago, Albin said:

Then I think p3d is a better choice for me. 

Just a friendly hint for life in general: It would be kind to thank people for answering your questions.

Is there any peformence boost in The latest version Of x plane compared to The demo? I'm not getting The fps i want with my system. 

I5 4460

8gb ram 

525 gb SSD 

1tb hdd 

Gtx 1060 gaming X