Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Do you recommend x plane? Addons?

2 hours ago, Albin said:

Is there any peformence boost in The latest version Of x plane compared to The demo? I'm not getting The fps i want with my system. 

I5 4460

8gb ram 

525 gb SSD 

1tb hdd 

Gtx 1060 gaming X 

I just want to mention if you want to compare to PMDG look at the IXEG 737, its an amazing aircraft and one of the most immersive aircraft available on any sim (personal opinion tho).  Also have a look at the FlightFactor 757 v2 or their 767. 

I also highly recommend to watch this video below on the IXEG 737 which the person goes through the aircraft with a real life 737 pilot.  Even if one doesnt fly the IXEG 737 its an interesting video and one can learn a few things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubM6sU2eYo

Regarding the frame rates (FPS).  On X-Plane 11's graphics setup the left 3 sliders are for the GPU I think and the right 2 sliders for the CPU.  This is different for every user but I have found that on my system I set the top slider to on tick left of maximum (High (HDR)), the middle slider the same (Maximum) and on the bottom slider I have it on 2xSSAA+FFAA (which is sufficient for me).  The world objects (top slider right) I set on High and the slider just below it (Reflection Detail) I set to the left on Minimal, which made a huge difference in frame rates for me.  I also have Draw shadows on scenery un-ticked.

I hope the above will be helpful :)

24 minutes ago, Omarza said:

I just want to mention if you want to compare to PMDG look at the IXEG 737, its an amazing aircraft and one of the most immersive aircraft available on any sim (personal opinion tho).  Also have a look at the FlightFactor 757 v2 or their 767. 

I also highly recommend to watch this video below on the IXEG 737 which the person goes through the aircraft with a real life 737 pilot.  Even if one doesnt fly the IXEG 737 its an interesting video and one can learn a few things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubM6sU2eYo

Regarding the frame rates (FPS).  On X-Plane 11's graphics setup the left 3 sliders are for the GPU I think and the right 2 sliders for the CPU.  This is different for every user but I have found that on my system I set the top slider to on tick left of maximum (High (HDR)), the middle slider the same (Maximum) and on the bottom slider I have it on 2xSSAA+FFAA (which is sufficient for me).  The world objects (top slider right) I set on High and the slider just below it (Reflection Detail) I set to the left on Minimal, which made a huge difference in frame rates for me.  I also have Draw shadows on scenery un-ticked.

I hope the above will be helpful :)

Thank you. Maybe I have a look at The ixeg 737 but I'm more interesting Of 737 ng, 600-900 models. And 767's is nothing for me. I will try out the demo little more and test The mods for the defualt 737 and see how it's like 

3 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

Fantastic sim 

i have both installed Xp11 and P3d V 4

could not be happier !!!

Same here - both have strengths and weaknesses.  In my experience XP11 is a bit more oriented for general aviation (especially smaller turboprops or propeller aircraft), while P3D can do both pretty well, but P3D shines at airliner ops because of the MSFS long history and the many high quality addons like PMDG, Aerosoft etc 

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Same here - both have strengths and weaknesses.  In my experience XP11 is a bit more oriented for general aviation (especially smaller turboprops or propeller aircraft), while P3D can do both pretty well, but P3D shines at airliner ops because of the MSFS long history and the many high quality addons like PMDG, Aerosoft etc 

I enjoy flying my ixeg 737 way more than I did the pmdg 737 in p3d or fsx. Yea ATC isn't good in xp but its gonna be updated soon. The FF757v2 is a great addon as well, don't have the rotate md80 but heard its pretty good w V1.3.  The JAR airbus is decent but its not study level and has some quirks. When people say there aren't any good aircraft addons , it really annoys me, especially if they havnt tried them.  I tried to go back to p3d recently because I was considering getting the FSL A320, and I did a flight and it lasted about 15 minutes before I decided that p3d isn't anywhere near the level that xp11 w ortho is. P3d feels like an outdated  game to me after coming from xp11.  I don't care how good the addon is, the p3d engine isn't good enough for me anymore after hundreds of hours in xp11. I was hoping P3d V4 brings about some deep changes but just added 64bit and some better lighting. Xp11 will continue to grow and for me its what I will support 100% from now on. 

• Upvote 2

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

In the demo I get really bad performance. So before I buy X plane 11 I want to know if I can get better performance or if it's bad optimized. 

high on Number of object

low on reflections

HDR high

4xmsaa

texture resulation max

That gives me about 20-25 fps. But gpu usage only 30-40% and cpu usage around 50-70% on each core, some times down to 40. If i turn down all settings to low and minimal,  I just get up to 35-40 fps. Can't be right. 

I Can get more load on the GPU by change antialising to 8x but then the fps went down even more.

Cpu I5 4460

GPU GTX 1060 6gb

8GB ram

Albin, they are working hard at the moment on improving performance in order to support VR, so I'd expect performance to improve (they need to do this now, or they are going to face a bashing from the community it was promised to). Either way, I get about 30-50fps on a 1070 with 16GB of RAM on almost max settings so I'm happy with this (depending on where I fly). In XP10 the performance was well into the 70-80s, so they have some work to do, but I don't expect it to ever beat XP10 because it's added functionality. 

I'd say possibly the bottleneck is your CPU, as X-Plane still seems to be quite CPU intensive for loading/rendering scenery, so it might be something worth considering

@Albin,

Try turning texture quality down to High instead of Max. It won't have much visual effect, and probably takes some load off your RAM. A system with only 8GB of ram is the bare minimum, ideally you want more RAM in your system.

Try turning your antialiasing down a notch to 2X SSAA+FXAA. That's what I use and it looks fine.

Make sure you have "Draw shadows on scenery" turned off, that's a frame killer.

The other big variable is your monitor resolution. Most people don't have trouble running XP11 on 1080p systems. I run 1920x1200 myself. As you increase resolution from there, you will necessarily get a lower frame rate. If you're running something like a 4K monitor, or multiple monitors off one card, you'll need a very high-end CPU, high-end video card with tons of VRAM, and something closer to the recommended system RAM spec for X-Plane (16-24 GB or more). 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thank you for answering, I can't get good performance, even on low I get bad performance and I think my system could at least run on medium pretty well. So I don't think I will buy X plane at the moment. I will stick with P3d v3 little longer. 

On 6/22/2017 at 4:25 AM, Albin said:

Right now I have p3d v3.4 and thinking Of upgrading to v4 Of x plane 11. Can't afford booth Of them now. But I don't know whitch Of them. I like The flight dynamics in x plane and The lighting and scenery are very good without tons Of addons. But, I want a good Boeing like pmdg and x plane doesen't have that. Just good Airbus simulation. 

So can you improve The flight dynamics in p3d or do you know any good Boeing 777 and 737 for x plane 11 that's very modelled and looks good like pmdg. Flightfactors 777 isn't look that good to my eyes. 

And how is peformence in xplane 

Are you a tube liner simmer or GA flier?  For tube, P3Dv4 and PMDG combo and AS2016 can't be beat.  For GA and for the enjoyment for low and slow, you just can't beat XP11 with Ortho4XP and so many freeware stuffs.  I have been with the tube, and have no time for this type of sim, so XP11 and Ortho is the only combo use at the moment.  Plus my FSRW inject weather just fine for me.  For 1-2 hr GA flight and scenery XP11 is magical. As for performance, it's very good.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

On 1.7.2017 at 7:58 PM, Albin said:

In the demo I get really bad performance. So before I buy X plane 11 I want to know if I can get better performance or if it's bad optimized. 

Hi Albin,

when I jumped from the regular x-plane 11 version to the 11.02 release candidate 1, I had an impressive increase in fps. Maybe the demo you tested does not reflect the current code improvements. As my colleagues above already said, the IXEG 737 is a class of its own. A new and beautiful  Carenado airplane for xp11 is the Beechcraft 1000D. But do not expect the same system depth as in the IXEG 737.

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"