Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Shadow Boost, and FPS re-claim when Shadows is activated!

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/38214-xp11-performance-boost-shadow-improvement/

Notam:

Side note: If you don't care that much about water reflections:          set( "sim/private/controls/reno/draw_fft_water", 0)      in flywithlua

Create a Notepad window, copy and paste the above line into the window, and Save.  Then rename the file as a suggested: Turn Off Water Reflection For FPS Gain.lua   Press Save, then copy this new file into your  flywithlua....lua Scripts folder.

• Upvote 1

That plugin is useless unless you have an old version of Flywithlua (which you can't download anymore). He's since locked out the use of private datarefs.

But the second tweak may be worth looking at.

12 hours ago, bonchie said:

That plugin is useless unless you have an old version of Flywithlua (which you can't download anymore). He's since locked out the use of private datarefs.

But the second tweak may be worth looking at.

It's working for me.  I installed both tweaks, and now have in the latest XP11 update 48-55 FPS over my zl17/19/2 ortho, with the default Cessna 172.  Before, I had a 27-32 average, but that was also with the not-latest XP update download.