Sign in to follow this  
FlightSim1234

Fsx taxi route generator

Is there any freeware software that can generate a route from your current position in an airport to another position of your choice, such as from a runway to gate that you choose? This could be just a list of taxiways, to follow to get to your destination (similar to the FSX ATC, but you choose the gate).

I would use charts for the airport, but some airports have changed since FSX was released and I cannot find any freeware software that generates charts for the airports based on their layout in FSX.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I don't know if any program that does that but GSX has a follow me car that will guide you to your runway or gate of choice if you don't have a chart or are unfamiliar with the airport.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Also, you might want to edit your user name. Not sure if you noticed that the g and I are in the wrong position to spell FlightSim123.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

apchart.zip  in the AVSIM LIbrary

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I don't know of a freeware program, and I don't know (and I'm pretty sure there isn't one) that will chart the path to the active for you.  The Aivlasoft EFB, and I believe FSTramp allows you to plot your path on the ground chart - which is read from either the default or addon scenery (which ever is active).  For instance, on VATSIM when a controller gives  you your taxi instructions, you can very quickly add them in the Aivialsoft EFB... in fact it's point and click (very nice!).

The A-EFB is by far the best EFB related program I've ever used and does far more than I've talked about above.  Worth every cent.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

17 hours ago, charliearon said:

apchart.zip  in the AVSIM LIbrary

I have downloaded that, but I find it difficult to find the gates - I see there is a list of gates/parking, but I don't know how to correlate this with their position at the airport. Do you just have to search the whole airport for the gate you want? or is there a quicker way to find your gate?

Thanks in advance.

You could uses ADE1.70 (Airport Design Editor) from ScruffyDuck Software or later versions at FSDeveloper (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/airport-design-editor.95/)

You can pull up the airport bgl and list parking to see all available parking spots/gates, sizes, etc.  You can also orient your airport chart/diagram with the ADE layout and mark your gate(s) and note specific taxi ways you need to traverse to get there from different runways.  I find ADE to be a very handy tool for such things besides modifying airport bgls.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:09 AM, gaab said:

Hello,

LittleNavMap is the freeware answer (Take a look here - airport diagram)),
You can zoom up to the airport layout diagram.

It offers a lot of other facilities...

Since I discovered it, I can't live without :)

Gérard

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I tried it, but it seemed rather confusing to setup, I will try again at some point, and hopefully I can get to understand how to set it up and use it.

Also, does this just offer a diagram of the airport, or can it calculate the taxi route from the runway to gate? - If it is just a diagram, then the gauge I currently have installed - Airport Chart Gauge is very similar, but for me was far simpler to setup and operate.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

23 minutes ago, FlightSim1234 said:

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I tried it, but it seemed rather confusing to setup, I will try again at some point, and hopefully I can get to understand how to set it up and use it.

Also, does this just offer a diagram of the airport, or can it calculate the taxi route from the runway to gate? - If it is just a diagram, then the gauge I currently have installed - Airport Chart Gauge is very similar, but for me was far simpler to setup and operate.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Setup is really very simple : may be you should read the Installation  pages of the wiki ;)

LittleNavMap is primarily a Flight Planner with a lot of facilities. It connects to FSX, and can give you a lot of information on your flight, with no need to modify your aircraft nor your panel, but it does not calculate the taxi route from the runway to gate.

Airport Chart Gauge is a gauge, as its name implies, so has to be installed in every panel ..... and is limited to the airport chart...

Gérard

13 hours ago, gaab said:

Setup is really very simple : may be you should read the Installation  pages of the wiki ;)

LittleNavMap is primarily a Flight Planner with a lot of facilities. It connects to FSX, and can give you a lot of information on your flight, with no need to modify your aircraft nor your panel, but it does not calculate the taxi route from the runway to gate.

Airport Chart Gauge is a gauge, as its name implies, so has to be installed in every panel ..... and is limited to the airport chart...

Gérard

Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself properly, I installed it fine, and was able to use it outside of FSX, but I couldn't use it within FSX - is it just an external program? or can it be used within FSX?

Actually, although Airport Chart Gauge needs to be installed in every panel, it is quite simple - it changes the panel.cfg files all for you, so it can be installed extremely quickly.

Not freeware, but PF3 has very sophisticated taxi guidance. Both to and from the runway. Either using a gauge or voice or both.You can even select a gate on the fly if the one you are taxiing to is occupied.

23 hours ago, FlightSim1234 said:

is it just an external program? or can it be used within FSX?

Yes, it is a flight planner and as such give you externally a complete view of your flight plan, your actual position, the AI aircrafts and boats around you.
At least for that unique possibilty, you should love it, if (like me) you are a user of Henrik Nielson's Global AI ship traffic

It is regularly enhanced, while keeping very "Resource-saving".

Gérard

Maybe DBS FollowMe or DBS Airport GPS? They are not free, but with the regular sales for them in various shops you could get each for US$10.

They are probably on sale because there is no support.  I've emailed them on three different occasions to ask if  DBS Airport GPS was available for P3D and never got a response.

Tom