Sign in to follow this  
haeriphos

No response during Center handoff

Using 2.2.1.6 and flying from UT15 to KDLN rwy 35 RNAV approach (UNEPE transition). Route was direct to UNEPE and then following the published approach. Took off, got my clearance from Center, flying along just fine and was handed off to Center on 119.95 (KPWK Ctr) in the vicinity of Salt Lake. Switched over and called them but no response. Tried multiple times, no response to my greetings. P2A shows that it's recognizing my voice, that I'm assigned to 119.95, and that I'm tuned to 119.95. I gave it a while and tried to contact again some time later (2020 local) but my speech didn't register in P2A (though the green PTT box did illuminate). A couple minutes later I received instructions to switch to 128.35 (WRSC Ctr) which I did and, again, no response to my hails, though now my speech is registering again. Interestingly, I can get center to give me altimeter information but not radar contact. Remainder of the flight was uneventful -- KDLN wasn't towered so Center stayed with me the whole time; not sure if this bug would have affected handoff to another ATC position other than Center.

Log: https://pastebin.com/zhfxfrXv