Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Why we fly

Beautiful.  I was thinking of posting something of similar sentiment.  Thats a real world video, but our sims are getting to have some incredibly beautiful moments which expresses your exact sentiment. This is why we fly. Flight simulation. The best simulation hobby.

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

One of my favourite aviation videos of all time, great music, scenery, and trust in autopilot :biggrin:

Can't wait to go back there in real-life in September

9 hours ago, CaptCWGAllen said:

I know a lot of you will have seen this before but for those that haven't enjoy.

Hi peter

What do you use for weather. sky and clouds.

I am having problem getting good setup using ASCA, ENVTEX in P3dV4. The clouds are too bright and look silver.

Thanks

Mulgrave

9 hours ago, tonywob said:

One of my favourite aviation videos of all time, great music, scenery, and trust in autopilot :biggrin:

Can't wait to go back there in real-life in September

Hi Tony, well now I'm a bit jealous. Have a smashing time.

While you are there could you hire a plane and take aerial shots of both islands and then create a couple of regions with full regional autogen over the weekend after you get back. I am sure we would all appreciate it. :biggrin:

cheers

Peter

1 hour ago, mulgrave said:

Hi peter

What do you use for weather. sky and clouds.

I am having problem getting good setup using ASCA, ENVTEX in P3dV4. The clouds are too bright and look silver.

Thanks

Mulgrave

Hi Mulgrave,

Not sure if you watched it all the way through to landing but if you didn't you must as it is spectacular. You will then also note that although it could be a sim at the beginning (although the relflections on the nose of the aircraft are too good) it is actually a real life video. (Not sure if you picked that up?)

But to answer your question I am using P3D v4 I use AS with ASCA and PTA to alter the clouds.

When using XP 11 I use Xenviro. I will drop in a video of Xenviro that I recorded a few days ago as I was astonished at the clouds.

Having said that how good either of the options look depends on the type of cloud, the weather, and the visibility and haze levels in my experience. But I find both do a pretty good job aground when one considers the alternatives. 

Rex are close to bringing out a new weather and cloud engine sometime soonish I believe.  Here is the teaser video.

Cheers

Peter

10 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Beautiful.  I was thinking of posting something of similar sentiment. 

Thanks HT - yes we are very lucky with the sims we have on offer in 2017!

2 hours ago, MidFlight77 said:

Amazing video.  At first I thought it was Aerofly FS2.  (Reminded me of Rob Ainscough's video)

That's ortho for you. Aerofly have done a great job of the lighting too. Clouds are very similar to SkyMaxx in XP. It has a way to go as a serious sim but it is a great springboard and a must have for VR. 

Cheer

Peter

On 6/22/2017 at 2:30 AM, CaptCWGAllen said:

I know a lot of you will have seen this before but for those that haven't enjoy.

That is my favorite video of all time.  I think I might have seen it 3 times before.  I think I will watch it again.  It is AMAZING.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.