Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Possible to assign speedbrakes to logitech extreme 3D pro as analogue?

I would like for my speedbrakes/spoilers to work in analog and not digital mode... default its either extended all the way or retracted all the way, I can't manually set them to the exact settings I want. Is there a way to assign the spoilers extend/retract mode to a button on a joystick, so for example if I hold button A for a while it will slowly and gradually extend the spoilers until I let go of the button and so forth? This would make it much easier to control the plane during approaches.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

yes i do, how would I set it up to behave this way?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes FSUIPC is the way to go. You can either setup the throttle to act as a speedbrake if you are in a glider (don't need throttle) or assign a couple of buttons. I'm not at the PC now working from memory but there is a long list of available FS commands you can assign to buttons in FSUIPC and you scroll through till u get to spoilers inc and spoilers dec. You can even make it airplane specific.

I do not have that stick but using the FSUIPC paid version I set one of the axis to control spoiler.

I use another axis for the gears, but for that one I had to get more creative. I defined range 1 (eg input increasing 15000 to 16xxxx) to trigger gear up and range 2 (eg input decreasing -16xxx to 15000) to trigger gear down. 

FSUIPC opens a new world of flexibility.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2