Sign in to follow this  
nbl1936

"Activation" Issue with 777 AFTER Push Update

I did a successful flight yesterday with the 777-300; I have been using the 777-200-300 for over a year now, with no issues.  After the flight was over, I got the notice for the Push Update on the Ops Center, which installed just fine.

Today, I go to load up a flight, again with the 777-300, and I get this error message: Your PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package is not activated yet.  Please select and activate a PMDG 777-200LR/F variant and continue"  (this while trying to load the AAL variant of the 777-30ER.  I closed P3d V3, reloaded, using the HOUSE COLORS of PMDG 777-200 and entered the activation key, as provided on the order email.  This was NOT accepted. I then tried the 777-300 activation key with same issues.

Any Suggestions??

David Robinette

NBL1936

Already sent in support ticket.  Saw another thread on this of others having the same issue

Dave Robinette

Property exactly the same problem only that me no activation message comes.
My 777 in the VC is dead.

2017-6-22_19-11-27-101.jpg

Update .. now have again what gestest ..my backup with the 777 where everything still functioned restored.
Then the P3D started and the 777 selected.
Taskmanger opened and the service Flexnet was off.
If I load the flight then starts the service flexnet and the 777 runs.
After the update happens however not the service does not start after the I have loaded the flight.
Also manual starting does not help.
So it seems to lie at the service FlexNet.But why the not starts no clue.

Best Torsten Kuenne

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

No need to post in multiple threads.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, nbl1936 said:

Already sent in support ticket.  Saw another thread on this of others having the same issue

Dave Robinette

Check to see if your flexnet service is running while in the 777

FlexNet was not running - set on manual; started the service, then P3D.  Chose the PMDG House Colors a/c, was prompted to enter the activation key; entered it and got an error stating the "Activation Library handle creation failed."  The event viewer shows an error of the PMDG_777X.dll.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Dave Robinette

3 minutes ago, nbl1936 said:

FlexNet was not running - set on manual; started the service, then P3D.  Chose the PMDG House Colors a/c, was prompted to enter the activation key; entered it and got an error stating the "Activation Library handle creation failed."  The event viewer shows an error of the PMDG_777X.dll.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Dave Robinette

If you set them to run automatically, reboot your computer and try again

Made sure FlexNet was running, on automatic start-up.  Re-booted computer, started P3D, selected 777-200 House Colors, was prompted to put in the activation code, copied code from email from last year's purchase and got the SAME error message as before -  Activation Library handle creation failed.  And, while in P3D, BEFORE selecting the T7, I checked to be sure FlexNet was still running (it was).

Dave Robinette

32 minutes ago, nbl1936 said:

Made sure FlexNet was running, on automatic start-up.  Re-booted computer, started P3D, selected 777-200 House Colors, was prompted to put in the activation code, copied code from email from last year's purchase and got the SAME error message as before -  Activation Library handle creation failed.  And, while in P3D, BEFORE selecting the T7, I checked to be sure FlexNet was still running (it was).

Dave Robinette

Strange. I'm out of ideas on this one, hopefully you'll get a ticket response soon. Good luck!

Hi Dave,

Just had a thought, could you uninstall the 777 + 300ER and download the full installer again from the PMDG installer and install via that. I wonder if the issue is with the update or with updating through the operations centre.

Just  a reminder   uninstalling  and  reinstalling  is not likely  to solve  your  issues  most likely  cause  more  issues,  have  to find  out  what  is  the  cause  of  the issue,  and  most likely  will be  fixed  in a support  ticket being  raised

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Just  a reminder   uninstalling  and  reinstalling  is not likely  to solve  your  issues  most likely  cause  more  issues,  have  to find  out  what  is  the  cause  of  the issue,  and  most likely  will be  fixed  in a support  ticket being  raised

I'm wondering if the issue lies with the operations centre update and not the actual update itself, hence my recommendation to download the installer fresh from the PMDG website which should include the latest version. If it's a case of something going wrong with the operations centre, this should eliminate it.

Maybe  but  looks  like  it  related  to those  using  p3d  versions

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg