Sign in to follow this  
seehunt

sunshine in cockpit

Hi, I see in many video's moving sunlight in the cockpit...as the acft turns, descends etc.  I do not have this

in my cockpits, how to I enable this feature?  Or do I need an add-on program?  Please advise thank you.

9 minutes ago, seehunt said:

Hi, I see in many video's moving sunlight in the cockpit...as the acft turns, descends etc.  I do not have this

in my cockpits, how to I enable this feature?  Or do I need an add-on program?  Please advise thank you.

Hi,

In FSX it is not standard. You need steve's DX10 fixer to get this. Plus the addon airplane has to support this.

Look for Steve's DX10 Fixer. It is payware. But it has many tweaking options to make your sim more accurate.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

40 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

You need steve's DX10 fixer to get this.

You do not need Steve's DX 10 Fixer.  Just enable DX10 Preview in the FSX Settings.  You will need to have FSX SP2 or FSX Acceleration or FSX-SE in order to enable DX10 Preview.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

You do not need Steve's DX 10 Fixer.  Just enable DX10 Preview in the FSX Settings.  You will need to have FSX SP2 or FSX Acceleration or FSX-SE in order to enable DX10 Preview.

Stock dx10 preview is trash. And no, I am not advertising anything.

There simply are some tools that can help the simulation experience.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Technically Jim's right, but DX10 Preview is a little broken and you may have other issues depending upon what aircraft and scenery you're using.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks for the replies...but I'd still like to have this feature.  I see a fair amount of  Utube video's with this feature and it seems to work well....at least in those video's. So, if others are able to run it what did they do to enable / run it?

Thanks,

Seehunt

Here comes a question out of sheer curiosity...are you actually trying to describe "cockpit shadows"

when you say sun in the cockpit?  Try this link for answers.  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/89368-How-to-turn-on-cockpit-shadows

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

if you want to get accurate and good quality shadows (in vc or cloud shadows), need steve's fixer addon.  

fsx dx10 preview default vc shadows are absolute rubbish.

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

If you want cockpit shadows then, as already stated, you need to run in DX10 mode. Doing this alone will probably work but is likely to produce many DX10-related scenery and texture problems which Microsoft did not get around to fixing (flashing scenery, missing textures, missing bridges at night etc) - see https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/features/. Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer fixes these problems and adds a lot of options to DX10 mode. Additionally, you can add cloud shadows on the ground with an extra add-on which works in conjunction with the Fixer. Well worth the money for both.

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Actually adding the line "ForceVCShadowMap=1" under [Display] in the FsX.cfg will enable virtually any FsX native aircraft to show vc shadows in Dx10. Oh and Dx10 without Steve's fixer is a waste of time, with it, it is superb.

• Upvote 1