Sign in to follow this  
chote

Crash in the simulator, error ntdll.dll with the 474 P3D V4

5 hours ago, gregoryv said:

I read AVSIM CTD guide many times previously when had a few times this problem on v3.

Also performed all checks. nothing was found.

I thought it was solved in v4.

Gregory Verba

If you're getting crashes on P3Dv4 its because:

a) you're running an unstable graphics card overclock or you have a driver corruption issue

b) you've installed non-P3Dv4 compatible addons into P3Dv4 and are now seeing the consequences

c) something else in your system is crashing P3D. 

In summary, this is not a PMDG related crash, otherwise it would be way more prominent.

36 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

If you're getting crashes on P3Dv4 its because:

a) you're running an unstable graphics card overclock or you have a driver corruption issue

b) you've installed non-P3Dv4 compatible addons into P3Dv4 and are now seeing the consequences

c) something else in your system is crashing P3D. 

In summary, this is not a PMDG related crash, otherwise it would be way more prominent.

Hello PMDG777,

a) I don't have overclock and also no  drivers corruption found.

b) All sceneries I am using are 100% P3D v4 compatible.

c) how to find what is that something else?

it is strange but it is allways happened on long flights with 777. (not 747)

Gregory Verba

hello

since the last update, i had 2 crash kernellbase.dll with the 747, don't have this type of crash with the 777, other crash altough..., no tried the last update of 777

run P3Dv4, no overclock and driver and other up to date.

thanks

Frédéric Giraud

57 minutes ago, gregoryv said:

Hello PMDG777,

a) I don't have overclock and also no  drivers corruption found.

b) All sceneries I am using are 100% P3D v4 compatible.

c) how to find what is that something else?

it is strange but it is allways happened on long flights with 777. (not 747)

Gregory Verba

As was pointed out, the ntdll module is generally graphics related crashing and has nothing to do with PMDG.

I suggest you download the latest graphics installers and run a full CLEAN install of the drivers. That means completely remove all of the old drivers and traces of them before installing the new ones. Don't just install the drivers over your current ones.

36 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

hello

since the last update, i had 2 crash kernellbase.dll with the 747, don't have this type of crash with the 777, other crash altough..., no tried the last update of 777

run P3Dv4, no overclock and driver and other up to date.

thanks

Again, module also has nothing to do with PMDG. The fact that it is occurring only with the 747 means that the specific conditions for that crash are arising under the 747, it doesn't mean the 747 has caused them.

If the 747 or 777 were the cause of these crashes, the forums would be full of complaints about this, but this is the first thread I've seen with these faulting modules.

I suggest both of you should have a long hard think about how you went about upgrading to P3Dv4, how you handled uninstalling P3Dv3 and whether it's been completely removed or not, and also think about any addons that you have installed, and ensure that all addons are fully compatible with P3Dv4. See Robert's post below on P3Dv4 installations.

On 6/25/2017 at 7:02 AM, grandfred29 said:

i had 2 crash kernellbase.dl

I had a period of kernelbase related errors last year that I resolved by removing all NVidia files and folders.  The clean install option does not do this.  Windows has to be started in safe mode to delete a couple of NVidia files.  Once every NVidia file and folder is gone, then download a current driver or one known to be good and for me this eliminated the events.  Sometimes a mixture of driver files can cause a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I had a period of kernelbase related errors last year that I resolved by removing all NVidia files and folders.  The clean install option does not do this.  Windows has to be started in safe mode to delete a couple of NVidia files.  Once every NVidia file and folder is gone, then download a current driver or one known to be good and for me this eliminated the events.  Sometimes a mixture of driver files can cause a problem.

each time i update my drivers i use DDU in safe mode, so i have no problem with that

maybe yesterday i did a mistake with the scenery layer i think and i wish that was the problem

Frédéric Giraud

After the P3D Hotfix 1, I've got the same problems with the ntdll.dll, everything works fine, my scenerys are all 100% P3D V4 compatible. It only crashes when I try to load the 747 or 777, all other ACFT working fine, scenerys working fine, but on PMDG Planes it crashes...

My Local Settings are German, before the Hotfix it worked fine, I didn't change anything, only the hotfix. But before the HOTFIX I've got an p3d crash because of the Local Settings that can be found here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124836

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.0.28.21686, Zeitstempel: 0x594a7255
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.23807, Zeitstempel: 0x5915fdce
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000023de5
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x161c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d2ef441fbb4c1c
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: I:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: 7080ca9a-5b37-11e7-be0c-d43d7e19413f

Fehlerbucket , Typ 0
Ereignisname: APPCRASH
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 4.0.28.21686
P3: 594a7255
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 6.1.7601.23807
P6: 5915fdce
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000023de5
P9: 
P10: 

Angefügte Dateien:
C:\Users\MY PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB78B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
C:\Users\MY PC\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_b36f736f748b40ed2ad987414f1d7312039685b_2325bc3d

Analysesymbol: 
Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
Berichts-ID: 7080ca9a-5b37-11e7-be0c-d43d7e19413f
Berichtstatus: 65

Do you have any addons besides PMDG, for example any FSDT sceneries?  Early in the year I had a period of ntdll crashes due to couatl.  It seems to be behaving now but you should rule out all addons (not just FSDT) that load any dll or exe (per the CTD guide).

Dan Downs KCRP

Well I'll give it a try to unload the Sceneries and reactivate one after another, but in my opinion it doesn't come from the scenerys, I tried to load an PMDG Aircraft on an Default Scenery and it crashed too. I will reply, when I finished testing...

12 minutes ago, Boeingfreak777F said:

Well I'll give it a try to unload the Sceneries and reactivate one after another, but in my opinion it doesn't come from the scenerys, I tried to load an PMDG Aircraft on an Default Scenery and it crashed too. I will reply, when I finished testing...

Full names are required in the forum as per forum rules.

Try a clean install of the latest graphics drivers. Make sure you remove all traces of the old ones before installing again.

On 6/22/2017 at 4:06 PM, ArjenVdv said:

We are at P3D V4 and after so many years of "development", this platform is still crashing? Unbelievable. 

No complaints here. V4 runs smooth and stable for me. Be careful about which add-ons you add, take good care of Windows itself, don't mess with the config unless you know what you're doing and all is well.

I'm really surprised at how stable v4 is. Even v3 was pretty stable if it wasn't for the OOMs. But these are history. So before going out and blaming the devs not doing their job right, make sure that there's no chance of a problem on your end. In a lot of cases I'm the one breaking things, not the folks at LM or PMDG ;)

cu
Roman

34 minutes ago, Boeingfreak777F said:

I didn't say anything about sceneries, other than I mentioned FSDT because they always load a dll and an exe.  Sceneries are usually benign.  Could be driver problem too.

Dan Downs KCRP

10 hours ago, Boeingfreak777F said:

After the P3D Hotfix 1, I've got the same problems with the ntdll.dll, everything works fine, my scenerys are all 100% P3D V4 compatible. It only crashes when I try to load the 747 or 777, all other ACFT working fine, scenerys working fine, but on PMDG Planes it crashes...

My Local Settings are German, before the Hotfix it worked fine, I didn't change anything, only the hotfix. But before the HOTFIX I've got an p3d crash because of the Local Settings that can be found here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124836

I too have JUST had this issue that was NOT present in P3Dv4 release edition.  After installing the hot fix (properly), I ran it on my usual run from JFK to SFO to see if any issues presented arose. As the poster I have quoted mentioned, after a period of time, I went to open the captains PFD and I received the ntdll.dll error.  Never happened before the hotfix so not sure if it is related - but would happen to think it is because I have done some long hauls in this machine without that error before.  I believe the 777 also has a gremlin like this?

Anyone else?

53 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

I too have JUST had this issue that was NOT present in P3Dv4 release edition.  After installing the hot fix (properly), I ran it on my usual run from JFK to SFO to see if any issues presented arose. As the poster I have quoted mentioned, after a period of time, I went to open the captains PFD and I received the ntdll.dll error.  Never happened before the hotfix so not sure if it is related - but would happen to think it is because I have done some long hauls in this machine without that error before.  I believe the 777 also has a gremlin like this?

Anyone else?

It is a noted bug. Don't open the captains PFD, open co-pilot one.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

16 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

It is a noted bug. Don't open the captains PFD, open co-pilot one.

On the 777 or 744??  I haven't seen anything on this for the 744 as of yet. Great name btw.  Love the wilburys

• Upvote 1