Sign in to follow this  
chote

Crash in the simulator, error ntdll.dll with the 474 P3D V4

16 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

On the 777 or 744??  I haven't seen anything on this for the 744 as of yet. Great name btw.  Love the wilburys

Sorry, should have mentioned I was referring to the 777. Don't have the 747 (Yet)  Yes, great fan of the Wilbury's :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I did see that for the 777 but its literally the 1st time I have ever seen it in the 744.

Well I just found the issue, I just deactivated everything from FSDT and reactivated one after another. Everything works fine, when I'm activating KLAX v2, it comes to the CTD with the ntdll.dll.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Boeingfreak777F said:

Well I just found the issue, I just deactivated everything from FSDT and reactivated one after another. Everything works fine, when I'm activating KLAX v2, it comes to the CTD with the ntdll.dll.

Definitely bring that up with FSDT.

8 hours ago, Boeingfreak777F said:

Chris is correct, if you would first visit the FSDT forum you'll find a subforum for KLAX.  Also, be sure to run the FSDT Live Update for changes to several airports since the P3Dv4 updates.

Dan Downs KCRP

Has this been determined to be the root cause of this issue?  I now keep runing in to this CTD mid flight and it's seems common in both the 744 and 772.  It always faults the ntdll.dll

18 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

Has this been determined to be the root cause of this issue?  I now keep runing in to this CTD mid flight and it's seems common in both the 744 and 772.  It always faults the ntdll.dll

It seems odd that yours just started, what have you changed on your system around the time that they started?

1 hour ago, AirCanada235 said:

The only thing is the hotfix

If you have FSDT scenery then more than just the hotfix happened.  I had a rash of ntdll crashes earlier this year that were all related to couatl.dll updates.  That has been sorted out for me but one has to rule out every dll and exe loaded by P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP

But here is what I do not understand Dan.  Each and every time I fly, I religiously run the FSDT Updater to see if there are any changes and let it do its thing.  Then, I load in to P3Dv4.  Takes a bit longer than v3 to load but it is what it is.  So would this - in theory - not bring their sceneries up to date? 

Happily flying along in time compression a POP - ntdll.dll error!

Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

It always faults the ntdll.dll

Any time I've run into this, it's been compatibility with other add ons, like the FSDT add-on manager (haha - Dan beat me to it), an old version of FSUIPC, or some other peripheral add-on. Ours is indifferent to the HF, so it's unlikely that it's coming from us, despite the "commonality" of both being in PMDG products.

It could also be a graphics driver. That faulting module is incredibly vague.

Kyle Rodgers

Understood and thank you both for replying.  Just tried to update everything I possible could so we will see where I end up.  About to depart UUEE for CYVR!

I have had the exactly the same problems. I had to delete all sceneries from FSDT to be able to load the 747 and 777. I then installer Sonderborg from Vidan design and guess what, I again couldn't load the 747 and 777. After disabling Sonderborg, I again can load the 747 and 777. All this started after I installed hotfix 1, before I had no prbs.

Dan Rasmussen

• Upvote 1

Dan Rasmussen

i think there are various reasons for this to happen. I have no FSDT scenery and get this ctd many times.

The only thing that is the same every time it happens to me is the following things:

- pmdg 747
- changing to outside-cam,

Then when turning the cam or zooming it makes boom and ctd with the mentioned error (far not always. SOmetime it crashes, sometimes not). This seem to happen to many people btw.(just google "prepar3d v4 outside cam crash"). I didnt read them, since i just googled it now to prove it, so i dont know if the ppl there have other planes. So no, im in no way saying this is a PMDG thing. Can be p3d related.

But would be interesting to know if this happens to you guys in the cockpit or outside. Or if it ever happened in the cockpit (wich isnt the case for me). Few ppl of our community have the eaxact same problem.

Btw, i and all others of this mentioned community had this problem have NOT the v4 hotfix...

Alex Wolff

BetaTeamB.png

8 minutes ago, SaenchaySor said:

The only thing that is the same every time it happens to me is the following things:

- pmdg 747
- changing to outside-cam,

Start Menu > Type "view all prob" and look for View All Problem Reports > Click on it and find P3D in the list > Click on the latest crash report > Copy/paste the text here. Look for the "Faulting Module" specifically.

Kyle Rodgers