Sign in to follow this  
chote

Crash in the simulator, error ntdll.dll with the 474 P3D V4

Hello all;

I would like to ask those of you in a rush to blame FSDT or more specifically Coautl, please try the AVSIM CTD guide first. When I was experiencing this problem with the PMDG 747, instead of blaming a developer, I looked at the guide to fix what I could. To correct my issues I did three things:

1) Download and install Driver Booster 4 (Free) and install the updates (I was dismayed that my relatively new system had old drivers)

2) Delete the scenery cache

3) Run ORBX v3

No more ntdll crashes for me. Please try that resource (AVSIM CTD Guide) before assigning blame to a developer of a scenery or aircraft...

Thank you.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

29 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Start Menu > Type "view all prob" and look for View All Problem Reports > Click on it and find P3D in the list > Click on the latest crash report > Copy/paste the text here. Look for the "Faulting Module" specifically.

Sorry....too many errors lately so mixed something up. Its not ntdll, in this camera case its either kernelbase.dll or menus.dll, sometimes both of them... im sorry. dont want to cause unneeded work but there, just got something mixed up

In that case the faulty module is always empty. The reports end like this

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 4.0.23.21468, Zeitstempel: 0x59279be2
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: menus.dll, Version: 4.0.23.21468, Zeitstempel: 0x59279b5b
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000005100
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3128
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d2f02e350e152b
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\FlightSim\P3D_Ver4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\FlightSim\P3D_Ver4\menus.dll
Berichtskennung: 8aa193d6-4039-4470-9a56-92e05c79361d
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Bolded text "Full path name to faulty paket: empty" and "App-ID, relativ to path of faulty packet: empty". And nothing follows.

Rest is still true of course, it happens only in outside cam and in the pmdg (its the only addon plane i have to test).

But since its another problem i wont post about it here in this topic anymore. Sorry again. I will first install hotfix for v4 and do the new 747 installer thing mentioned today, and if it remains ill make another topic.

BetaTeamB.png

9 hours ago, voske said:

Some suggestions for dealing with that issue: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121964#p145169

Thank you very much for the link :-) Sadly all of the things in the topic dont fit in my case, im afraid. .NET i have always installed in latest version, im coding a bit in VisualStudio. The migration-tool and the other mentioned things i dont use and fsuipc is on the latest version. Btw, its in v4 for me. In v3 i never had this. 

and kernelbase.dll and menus.dll is hard to search for in the net because there are thousands of search results...same as ntddl.dll

But thanks a lot to try to help. Appreciated.

BetaTeamB.png

Sorry have been away from my PC for a few days, here is the report I get, I don't think it is very helpful though:

Description
Faulting Application Path:    D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.0.28.21686
Application Timestamp:    594a7255
Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version:    10.0.15063.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    b79b6ddb
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0000000000035954
OS Version:    10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    7f92
Additional Information 2:    7f920adfe5624c5fb8c9aa6a6d6fb340
Additional Information 3:    f56b
Additional Information 4:    f56ba05f5c4103f8a284a2f5aaaed084

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    d3e504a226a71d518cc35330abcc06c6 (120786512803)

I have several of these problems and the only thing that helps for me,is to disable the FSDT sceneries.

I need to mention that I have Hotfix 1 installed. The crashes did not occur before I installed hotfix 1 and that the sim crashes as soon I have chosen plane, airport, weather etc.

Dan Rasmussen

Dan Rasmussen

Can you try the following:

open %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 then delete these 2 files (safe them):
Prepar3D_Default.fxml
Prepar3D_Default.wx

Try if the error is still present.

Philipp Schwaegerl

HI Philipp,

thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

Dan Rasmussen

Dan Rasmussen

7 hours ago, therasnew said:

HI Philipp,

thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

Dan Rasmussen

I recommend you remove all addons and verify the crash doesn't happen.  It is important to find a configuration that is stable, then add things until you find the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

Many times when we see customers chase these down, ntdll errors can be caused by overclocks that start asking too much of the processor... 

Everyone thinks "oh but my overclock works perfectly" but they don't really understand what they are doing physically inside the processor when they increase the speed/change voltages/etc- and as such they do not understand the statistical degradation of stability they should experience, especially when running an application like a flight simulator that will run for a long period of time...  We do not overclock any of our development machines, and my own simming machine remains at it's assigned clock specifically for that reason.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

On 7/9/2017 at 10:49 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Dan,

Many times when we see customers chase these down, ntdll errors can be caused by overclocks that start asking too much of the processor... 

Everyone thinks "oh but my overclock works perfectly" but they don't really understand what they are doing physically inside the processor when they increase the speed/change voltages/etc- and as such they do not understand the statistical degradation of stability they should experience, especially when running an application like a flight simulator that will run for a long period of time...  We do not overclock any of our development machines, and my own simming machine remains at it's assigned clock specifically for that reason.

Hi Robert,

I had another ntdll.dll crash today after ~ 6 hour flight with 777.

I am not running overclock with my 6700K , default values. So I don't think it is related to overclocking issue in my case.

All sceneries I am using are P3D V4 compatible (according to developers). 

All latest updates are installled in Windows 10 and motherboard gigabyte drivers.

I will try today to install and run  Driver Booster 4 to check all system drivers again and hope it can solve the issue.

I am not saying that the problem is caused by PMDG software and I don't think it is the case.

I am just trying to find the solution and any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Gregory Verba

15 minutes ago, gregoryv said:

Hi Robert,

I had another ntdll.dll crash today after ~ 6 hour flight with 777.

I am not running overclock with my 6700K , default values. So I don't think it is related to overclocking issue in my case.

All sceneries I am using are P3D V4 compatible (according to developers). 

All latest updates are installled in Windows 10 and motherboard gigabyte drivers.

I will try today to install and run  Driver Booster 4 to check all system drivers again and hope it can solve the issue.

I am not saying that the problem is caused by PMDG software and I don't think it is the case.

I am just trying to find the solution and any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Gregory Verba

What scenery do you have installed?

10 minutes ago, gregoryv said:

Hi.

Here you can find a full list of my addons I am using now:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pM6rt4UdsogKcthQgVwJr6JvVObCkrJ1_K-ndNQG8Ig/edit#gid=613476490

Thanks

Gregory

Handy! Make sure your FSDT products are the latest version, if they are, try disabling all your scenery then enabling them one by one until you find if one is crashing your sim.

26 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Handy! Make sure your FSDT products are the latest version, if they are, try disabling all your scenery then enabling them one by one until you find if one is crashing your sim.

Thanks.

Yes. All FSDT sceneries are up to day. 

Gregory

Ran into this issue myself today, second time. Over the Atlantic ocean in the 744 (with latest update installed). Was running Active Sky in the background. Hardly any clouds, Was not even doing anything in the sim. Approx 5 hour into the flight. Did not select the PFD pop up or anything. What's odd is most long distance flights go okay. Very frustrating this ntdll.dll error is still biting us at times. Have the latest driver for my 1080Ti (same driver I have done long flights with, without any issues). This is such a random, out of nowhere issue.  

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x5825887f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f8283
Faulting process id: 0x1590
Faulting application start time: 0x01d30ec6c1941828
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 2498b973-27c4-4c8f-973d-6af1691b6c4e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Eric