Sign in to follow this  
Jack Noullet

Boxed version of 737 ngx

Where can I purchase a boxed version of the 737 ngx and will it have an operational weather radar in addition to a HUD ?

I'm brand new to this forum. Thanks.

Calico Jack

6 minutes ago, Jack Noullet said:

Where can I purchase a boxed version of the 737 ngx

eBay, Aerosoft, etc.

6 minutes ago, Jack Noullet said:

and will it have an operational weather radar in addition to a HUD ?

Weather radar, no. At least initially - you'll need to download the update from Aerosoft to get it anyway, so the DVD version is largely pointless now.

HUD, yes.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Jack Noullet said:

Are there any versions of PMDG aircraft that have the weather radar and are for fsx10 ?? Thanks for your reply.

Hi Jack,

The 777, 747, 737 NGX currently sold by PMDG are for FSX and P3D.

IMHO your best bet is to buy them directly from the PMDG web site as downloads.  That way you will receive the current versions, and you will obtain updates very quickly.  They all have weather radar but they all need Active Sky Next or Active Sky 2016 for it to work properly.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On 6/22/2017 at 4:01 PM, Mike777 said:

Hi Jack,

The 777, 747, 737 NGX currently sold by PMDG are for FSX and P3D.

IMHO your best bet is to buy them directly from the PMDG web site as downloads.  That way you will receive the current versions, and you will obtain updates very quickly.  They all have weather radar but they all need Active Sky Next or Active Sky 2016 for it to work properly.

Mike

Thanks for your reply. 

2 hours ago, Jack Noullet said:

Thanks for your reply. 

Hi Jack,

If you are trying to avoid downloading a large file by purchasing a boxed copy of the NGX, unfortunately you will still need to download updates, which usually involves downloading a full installer.  As Kyle Rodgers of PMDG said, you will still  need to download an up-to-date installation file to get weather radar.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Great. I'll take your advise and download from PMDG. I think I'll update my computer as it is a 6 yr. old running on an dell i7 @ 2.8ghz. Pretty slow don't you think??

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Jack

1 hour ago, Jack Noullet said:

I think I'll update my computer as it is a 6 yr. old running on an dell i7 @ 2.8ghz. Pretty slow don't you think??

The NGX doesn't seem to place heavy demands on the sim.  And I think when PMDG updates it for P3D they will also update it for FSX, possibly including an improvement to performance.  The recently released and just updated 747 QOTS runs more smoothly than their 777, and they have said they will be updating the 777 soon as well.  You might want to see how the NGX runs on  your Dell before upgrading.

Regarding the CPU, it depends on how recent the I7 is, and how many cores.  I only have an I7 -300 series that's more than 5 years old and NVidia 560M card -- all this on a laptop, so I can't upgrade w/out buying a whole new computer.  My CPU, which is quad core,  is supposed to go up to 2.9 GHz on heavy demand.  It's not great but it's acceptable.  I use DX-10 preview which has helped, and get the latest drivers from NVidia (but with care), use NVidia Inspector, keep most sliders to the left, Scenery at Normal, Autogen at Sparse.  Recent payware scenery updates run better than their earlier versions in some cases. As I understand it,  DX-10 shifts some of the load from the CPU to the graphics card, so it depends what graphics card you have.  Also the Steam version of FSX runs better than  the original boxed version, and is sometimes on sale for as little as $5.00

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

1 minute ago, Jack Noullet said:

Where do I go to download updates to my recently purchased boxed version of the 737NGX?

From the publisher. If it's Aerosoft, you need to contact them at The Aerosoft Support Forums

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Jack Noullet said:

Where do I go to download updates to my recently purchased boxed version of the 737NGX?

Hi Jack,

Try support.aerosoft.com .  There is a pull down window -- go down to the PMDG 737 NGX entry.  Then click on the bar to the right, "Show Support for the Selected Product".  You will need the serial number from the box.  You can also use the search box below the product window.  The 737 for FS9 is also in there, so be sure to choose the correct one.

AFAIK all boxed versions of all PMDG products are from Aerosoft, regardless of where you bought them.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2