Sign in to follow this  
machie

What about Rex

Hi All,

I am running the P3Dv4 with all the Orbx--PMDG 747 and 777 and Active Sky Beta---I am having no crashes and no problems even with an old cards (two 760's and a 3.2 I7 processor and 24 Gig of Ram. My question is---I think I saw on one of the forums that someone was running rex with V4---is this correct or am I just dreaming?

Cheers

Dorn

REX is not ready yet but should be very soon. Their new Skyforce product looks very good too and should also be pretty close.  ASCA is a great addition to Active Sky...I replaced my REX clouds with it when it came out. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Honestly, I don't think the default clouds look too bad with AS16 in P3Dv4. Of course, I am still anxiously awaiting the REX4 and Soft Clouds update.

I just pointed REX 4 to P3d v4 and it worked. I dont have any problems. I am not "recommending" you do what I did, however I haven't had any problems. 

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

I run REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds and it works great with FSXWx...I'm waiting on Skyforce 3D...

I'm running REX 4 + Soft Clouds without any new installer. Some folks somewhere said they had seen a couple of anomalies.

But at this point mine is running great.

Once the new installer comes out I'll use my backup to restore and then use the new installer.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, CaptBmckay said:

I just pointed REX 4 to P3d v4 and it worked. I dont have any problems. I am not "recommending" you do what I did, however I haven't had any problems. 

Living on the edge!

I vowed to wait for proper installers this time around. Playing it safe. 

8 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Living on the edge!

I vowed to wait for proper installers this time around. Playing it safe. 

+1

I'm using Rex Essential Overdrive. Just pointed it at v4. All seems in order. Using Rex textures.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I have REX4 and Soft Clouds in use with v4, just point v3 into v4 folder.

Anyway I do not install waves effect and water. Anything what is only texture - clouds, runways... it must work in v4 and do not start any urban stories about v4 SDK. DDS is standardized format for textures no matter which application will use those textures.

Wawes have some effects file and maybe some other (sky?) can have some shaders... there is possible risk but I bet that risk is just hypotetic not intended visual feel.

I can bet with you that v4 version just add another option for v4 in settings and will introduce - maybe - improved effects/shaders for better match v4

• Upvote 1