Sign in to follow this  
garrett_frank

Aerofly FS2 15% off During Steam Summer Sale

To my knowledge it doesn't go on sale very often. Very curious to try it out but still not sure if I want to spend over $40 (US$42.49) on it...

The Swiss and NY DLC packs are at 20% off also, so there's a decent saving to be made. Just might tip me over the edge and take the plunge. Don't forget that you can try it for up to a couple of hours and request a Steam refund.

3 minutes ago, Parping Couplet said:

you can try it for up to a couple of hours and request a Steam refund

Very good to know. Thanks, Chris.

2 hours ago, ORDspotter said:

Has anybody tried the sim yet?

Yes.

In my opinion, it's not much of a sim.

It feels like a mobile game put onto PC with better graphics and control options.

But it's fun for what it is.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

It's amazing in VR, supports it natively and that is where it shines.

If you don't have a Vive or Oculus Rift, it is probably an average sim with nice photoreal scenery and a decent selection of aircraft, but you'll not be much better off compared to P3D + MegaSceneryEarth or X-Plane 11. However, put a VR headset on and Aerofly 2 is in a different league.

It is silky smooth and beautiful on my GTX 1070. Even on my old GTX980, it ran very well in VR.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit