Sign in to follow this  
Christian Bahr

Grand Theft Prepar3d v4 ... ?

Hello, this is once again a video of the somewhat different kind.

It shows an avatar which is equipped with a flashlight. This flashlight has a dynamic light and thus demonstrates in an impressive and at the same time funny way the new function of the dynamic lights of Prepar3Dv4.

The location is Hengsen-Opherdicke, near Dortmund in Germany West.

Have fun ... ;-)

Avatar William with "dynamic" flashlight

• Upvote 3

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

haha awesome...I wonder if there can be a multiplayer chase between the thief and a police helicopter:-)

• Upvote 2

Very entertaining and a great idea! I wonder, does the light source follow the eyepoint of the avatar or are the arms independently controllable? This would make aircraft exterior checks at night quite immersive.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, krazyk said:

I wonder, does the light source follow the eyepoint of the avatar or are the arms independently controllable?

Unfortunately not, the light is attached to the flashlight, the flashlight is again attached to the hand. But maybe Lockheed Martin is developing something like a real-time motion capture, then you could also move the arms and hands. lol

I forgot to mention that there is an airline pilot with a flashlight. It's Chesley - from the Airport Avatars package from Aerosoft. The package is free of charge and can be downloaded here:

Free avatars from Simware and Aerosoft

Regards
Christian

airline_pilot_chesley_moon.jpg

Picture: Airline Pilot Chesley with "dynamic" flashlight in EDLW

www.bahrometrix.de

2 hours ago, Christian Bahr said:

Unfortunately not, the light is attached to the flashlight, the flashlight is again attached to the hand.

Ah, that's unfortunate but hey something is better than nothing. Thanks for the download link, getting it straight away!

• Upvote 1

The Pro version of P3d has avatars that can use working weapons that cause damage. I'm surprised  that no one thus far, has tried to make a TacPack-aware avatar. 

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The Pro version of P3d has avatars that can use working weapons that cause damage. I'm surprised  that no one thus far, has tried to make a TacPack-aware avatar. 

I believe it is Pro Plus version that has the weapons.

• Upvote 2

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

Hi all.

There is a new package of civil avatars for P3DV4. The package also includes an avatar (William) equipped with a "dynamic" flashlight.

Download is here: Prepar3D v4 Avatars

The installer supports the installation of extensions as an "add-on package". The extension is entered in the add-on.cfg. The configuration files effects.cfg, scenery.cfg, simobjects.cfg etc, are therefore no longer changed.

regards,
Christian

p3dv4_avatar_william_flashlight.jpg

www.bahrometrix.de

On 22/06/2017 at 10:42 PM, Christian Bahr said:

this is once again a video of the somewhat different kind.

Very nice.

GTA is still the king of lighting, ambience and textures though