Sign in to follow this  
ARTS

Autopilot does not work

The problem is this. After takeoff and climb to the transition, I turn on autopilot, VNAV and LNAV. And the next thing happens, the climb stops and the plane flies with a roll down. Clicking on MCP (height setting) to go set does not make any changes. If you disable LNAV and the height is typed with a vertical then it goes to climb. In FMC everything is hammered and the trimer is exposed. The flight plan is planned in PFPX. Simulator P3Dv4. And the same happens as in 747 and 777. What is it can be and how to fix it?

2 hours ago, ARTS said:

The problem is this. After takeoff and climb to the transition, I turn on autopilot, VNAV and LNAV. And the next thing happens, the climb stops and the plane flies with a roll down. Clicking on MCP (height setting) to go set does not make any changes. If you disable LNAV and the height is typed with a vertical then it goes to climb. In FMC everything is hammered and the trimer is exposed. The flight plan is planned in PFPX. Simulator P3Dv4. And the same happens as in 747 and 777. What is it can be and how to fix it?

Anonymous (full names required in the PMDG forums as per the rules),

Sounds like a procedural problem if it's happening in both the 777 and 747. Have you flown the tutorial?

You have armed VNAV and LNAV, but did you actually turn on the autopilot (CMD)?

And yes, at the very least, please fly the tutorial. Follow every detail. It's useful, and will save you hours of grief.

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

Anonymous (full names required in the PMDG forums as per the rules)

There is no anonymity. I'm not here for this purpose. Full name written

35 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

You have armed VNAV and LNAV, but did you actually turn on the autopilot (CMD)?

And yes, at the very least, please fly the tutorial. Follow every detail. It's useful, and will save you hours of grief.

Thanks for the answer! I'm not the first day I fly on these planes. Before that, I flew to them both in FSX and in P3Dv3 and this was not like that. This appeared after installing P3Dv4 and PMDG under the P3Dv4 version, all the procedures are performed according to the manual. That's why I asked for help here. Maybe someone had such a problem.

6 minutes ago, Artem B said:

There is no anonymity. I'm not here for this purpose. Full name written

You need to sign each post with your full name, first and last, which you have failed to do. It is rule number 1.

1) ALL USERS MUST SIGN THEIR FULL NAME TO POSTS. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in your post being deleted without comment or followup by the forum moderators. To make your life easy- we recommend setting up a forum signature

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

You need to sign each post with your full name, first and last, which you have failed to do. It is rule number 1.

1) ALL USERS MUST SIGN THEIR FULL NAME TO POSTS. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in your post being deleted without comment or followup by the forum moderators. To make your life easy- we recommend setting up a forum signature

Ok I will correct.

Artem Bulavin

Even if you're not new to the PMDG QOTSII product, it might be useful to fly the Tutorial Artem.  For example, you might spot the procedural error you are making right away.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Artem,

What is displayed on the FMA before and after you engage the AP?

Also do you have fsuipc 5 installed? If you did you do profiles from scratch or did you try to import profiles from fsuipc 4 (no-go)?

A screenshot of the of the main panel including PFD, ND and MCP at the moment everything goes wrong would be great.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

16 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi Artem,

What is displayed on the FMA before and after you engage the AP?

Also do you have fsuipc 5 installed? If you did you do profiles from scratch or did you try to import profiles from fsuipc 4 (no-go)?

A screenshot of the of the main panel including PFD, ND and MCP at the moment everything goes wrong would be great.

Installed fsuipc 5, and profiles with 4 did not import 

Before using autopilot

1b4e09abff8a.jpg

0138a68612f7.jpg

During an autopilot

e02f8e22a119.jpg

And so, so he flies

37f01f85001c.jpg

Artem Bulavin

Just now, MarkW said:

Looks correct but maybe you climbed above the altitude that is next in the flight plan and vnav is descending to this altitude constraint. 

It generally does not go down and does not rise after the autopilot is turned on. And this height is hand-picked without autopilot. In the manual mode, everything is fine, as soon as you turn on the autopilot, it becomes neutral. And the trimmer index is knocked down to 1

Just now, MarkW said:

What happens after he speed moves up from 250 to the new set point?  The 747 levels or climbs very slowly at 10000 as it speeds up. 

I wrote above that nothing happens, not raising the speed is not height. All on one level