Sign in to follow this  
Bob_Z

Update Problem

When I try to install the  latest update from the Ops Center I get an error saying the ...PMDG _Updater_77L__P3d.exe is corrupt or unreadable.  Uninstalled the aircraft and re-installed, no joy,  Deleted the files in the Ops Center, again no joy.  All was done as administrator with AV turned off.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob_Z said:

When I try to install the  latest update from the Ops Center I get an error saying the ...PMDG _Updater_77L__P3d.exe is corrupt or unreadable.  Uninstalled the aircraft and re-installed, no joy,  Deleted the files in the Ops Center, again no joy.  All was done as administrator with AV turned off.

Anonymous (Full names are required as per forum rules),

Have you submitted a ticket to support?

Yes, earlier today.  No response.

Bob Zolto

Edited by Bob_Z
add name

Bob Zolto

3 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Yes, earlier today.  No response.

Bob Zolto

It sounds like the operations centre doesn't have the access rights to that specific file. Are you the only user on your computer and do you have full admin rights?

39 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Yes and yes.

Bob Zolto

What operating system are you running?

• Upvote 1

Win 10, i7 6700-K, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB RAM.

Bob Zolto

4 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Win 10, i7 6700-K, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB RAM.

Can you try running a search for that file that's unreadable and let me know a) if you find it and b) where it's located

Hi Bob,

As a work around, could you redownload the installer from the PMDG website update via that.

I did download it again, no joy.  File is located at c:\users\owner\appdata\roaming\pmdg\pmdg operations center\Product Updates\\PMDG_Updater_77L_P3D.exe

Bob Zolto

5 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

I did download it again, no joy.  File is located at c:\users\owner\appdata\roaming\pmdg\pmdg operations center\Product Updates\\PMDG_Updater_77L_P3D.exe

So the installer on the PMDG website doesn't include the latest update?

Can you delete (move to desktop) that file and run the Operations centre updater?

This morning I thought to try to run the updated file manually, but it isn't there any more, which leads me to believe that the installer I downloaded yesterday may have the updates included, although the updater file was there last night before I turned off my machine.  The Ops Center still has notifications for the updates but I still get the error that it is corrupt or unreadable,  Is there a way to tell if the updates are present?   I will be away for several hours so I can't answer you right away.

Bob Zolto

25 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

This morning I thought to try to run the updated file manually, but it isn't there any more, which leads me to believe that the installer I downloaded yesterday may have the updates included, although the updater file was there last night before I turned off my machine.  The Ops Center still has notifications for the updates but I still get the error that it is corrupt or unreadable,  Is there a way to tell if the updates are present?   I will be away for several hours so I can't answer you right away.

The operation centre shows the version number of the installed product.

The Operation  Center says I have version 1.10.8333 installed and that there is an update available to 1.10.8363.  I'm going to download again and see what happens.

Bob Zolto

I wouldn't assume that the installer downloaded from PMDG includes the micro updates pushed out in the past couple of days.

Dan Downs KCRP