Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

P3D V4 AutoGen at destination area problem

I'm having this issue with auto gen at destination area, every thing start great on departure airport/area (for example from ORD to JFK or vice versa), every thing is loaded and filled to the horizon in ORD (well, almost because I still can see some square are still loading but at a distance), but when I reach destination JFK, things looks blurred and things start to pop up slowly one square after another when I'm overhead that area (trees, houses, buildings, etc....), I have changed my video card from GTX 780 OC to GTX 1080Ti OC to overcome this issue with no luck, any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

You are overloading the CPU and it can't keep up loading textures/autogen.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bonchie said:

You are overloading the CPU and it can't keep up loading textures/autogen.

if I may ask, what is causing this overload?

do you mean many add on?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

45 minutes ago, penta_a said:

if I may ask, what is causing this overload?

do you mean many add on?

No idea, but the first thing to try is to turn the autogen radius down. See if that helps. Also, turn the LOD down a notch.

You are also talking about JFK, one of the heaviest areas in the the entire simulator. You may not have issues at other areas but just have to turn down some settings anytime you fly into JFK or Heathrow, etc.

10 hours ago, Bakern said:

Try limit your FPS.

In V3 I was able to limit my FPS to +1 of my refresh rate and it was still smooth and really helped mitigate the blurries.  In V4 locking within the sim gives me stutters regardless but unlimited is smooth.  But, I have the same issue as OP described.  I'm going to try limiting in NCP or NI and see if that helps on my end.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram