Sign in to follow this  
Feddy246

Getting Telemetry Data in P3D V4

Ok so, I recently got Prepar3D V4 and everything is working very well! :)

I have a physics IA to do (International Baccalaureate) and I was wondering if it is possible to extract telemetry data from the sim (kind of how x-plane 11 can send telemetry data to a notepad) .

Well, I don't have x-plane 11 and this project is due in a few weeks. I was wondering if there's some freeware add-on out there that allows me to extract just the most basic data like speed, altitude, etc...

-Fed

Exactly what data are you seeking?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

For basic GPS data inc speed and altitude sent out of P3D via com port or network, I use the payware version of FSUIPC. Not sure if the freeware version of FSUIPC does this, but at least the programme is not expensive and almost indispensible if you are serious about flightsim.

Gordon

Pretty sure there is an XML gauge somewhere  that can do this...there is the textinfo gauge in the avsim library that can display just about anything but not store it.

Cheers

Keith

XML gauges can't store to disk without a dll such as XMLTools that I doubt has been ported to 64-bit at present. Same goes for any compiled gauges.

For position and possibly a few other related values such as altitude and possibly speed, mapping addons such as LittleNavMap or Plan-G may help.  

If you don't get a quick answer re P3D, remember that the XP11 demo is free and will probably do all you want if you don't mind being restricted to the Seattle area and 15 minutes flight time.  Flight Gear may also be worth a look.

12 hours ago, WarpD said:

Exactly what data are you seeking?

Speed, Altitude, Vertical Speed, Throttle Power %, Distance on ground (length taken for landing/takeoff) <- if possible.

All of those are available via SimConnect and some basic math (for distances).  However, that requires programming.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69